Advice Needed Courier Cock-up

Posted 8th Jan
I was expecting a delivery yesterday via Yodel and based on the Yodel courier tracker I saw the van making a delivery further up my street. However instead of visiting me the driver did a u-turn and drove away. The tracker immediately said my delivery had been done.

I've chased up Yodel customer services who've yet to reply, however I got a response from Ebuyer who were the senders, and they've said the delivery has been done and they said it was signed for in my name, obviously this is impossible as I was at home and didn't get any delivery!

I'm unsure which way to take this, does anyone have a number for a UK office for Yodel, the number I called is to a call centre abroad who are frankly hopeless.
Community Updates

Groups

25 Comments
Your "contract" is with the merchant, ebuyer, not the courier. The merchant is responsible for the goods until received by the buyer, which has not occured. Confirm to ebuyer you have not received the goods, optionally offering to provide affidavit that you have not received the goods. Request ebuyer acknowledges your statement of facts and include the phrase "time is of the essence" (although that is for the merchant's benefit; buyer has not received goods; any delivery records show delivery to incorrect recipient). Tell the merchant your acceptable timeframe that you will allow the merchant to investigate / sort (maybe 3 days?).
Use CEO finder on google.

All will be revealed.
Then moan your rectum off to the MD as to theft, police involvement etc.
Mr_Gus08/01/2020 17:20

Use CEO finder on google.All will be revealed.Then moan your rectum off to …Use CEO finder on google.All will be revealed.Then moan your rectum off to the MD as to theft, police involvement etc.

OP probably isn't too fussed that ebayer has had its kit nicked / lost / wizzled away; OP presumably just wants to have the outstanding order fulfilled promptly.
However the likelihood of getting a re-send is minimal, so moaning to both ends of the respective buisnesses & cc ing them in will help the sender accept that what the recipient is saying is true, likely prompting the re-send.
Plus, the crud couriers deserve chewing out frequently only way you'll effect change (by bankruptcy)
Have you checked the address you put in on ebuyer?
Have you checked with the house up the road he dropped it in on to see if it is your name with the wrong address on?

Sometimes the simple things are the simplest solutions.
Yodel should be able to tell you what address it was delivered to

I got this number from saynoto0870
I don’t know how legit it is, but it says it’s for customer service

0344 755 0117
Chiptivo08/01/2020 17:32

Have you checked the address you put in on ebuyer?Have you checked with …Have you checked the address you put in on ebuyer?Have you checked with the house up the road he dropped it in on to see if it is your name with the wrong address on?Sometimes the simple things are the simplest solutions.

I bought it via ebay, I only have one address registered. I'm unsure which exact house the driver visited, but I've been to them and most were older folk who hadn't received it. A couple of houses had nobody home.

I'll contact Ebay once the wider delivery window has lapsed, unsure if they'll help though if the sender claims it was received by me.
Mendoza08/01/2020 17:41

Yodel should be able to tell you what address it was delivered to I got …Yodel should be able to tell you what address it was delivered to I got this number from saynoto0870I don’t know how legit it is, but it says it’s for customer service 0344 755 0117

That's the number I've called and its call centre based abroad, and they couldn't even contact the driver immediately after he'd been in the street. All they do is pass my complaint to the handling depot to deal with and said I'd get a reply in 24 hours, which I never did.

Yodel should be able to tell you what address it was delivered to I got …Yodel should be able to tell you what address it was delivered to I got this number from saynoto0870I don’t know how legit it is, but it says it’s for customer service 0344 755 0117

Yodel should rdecline to respond to any such enquiry not from its direct customer.
Make a claim with eBay, 90% of the time the find for the buyer.
Then PayPal in no luck with eBay. Then the card you paid with.
I think item not received through eBay will sort it.

They shouldnt give any such information out. The poster is not the customer.
Same thing happened to me and the delivery company had the exact coordinates of where the delivery driver had been to prettt much the nearest metre. Luckily the house they went to had no one in and I got it the next day after a call.
It seems like the driver has hid it in a shed or something like that thinking he was at correct address. I’d get in touch with the driver, I bet if you look at signature it’s a scribble that’s what most of us do.
the people disagreeing with me about getting the delivery information from the courier... you’re wrong

you really can, at least with every other company you can
Similiar experience with Hermes. They delivered half my parcel and Zara said courier delivered in full. Rang my bank as paid by visa. They refunded me immediately and are now disputing it with Zara on my behalf.
bigwheels08/01/2020 17:51

Make a claim with eBay, 90% of the time the find for the buyer.Then PayPal …Make a claim with eBay, 90% of the time the find for the buyer.Then PayPal in no luck with eBay. Then the card you paid with.I think item not received through eBay will sort it.

DO NOT DO THIS. If the tracking shows delivered the case will be closed against you and that's the end of it.
Have you tried knocking on the door of the house it was delivered to?
MonkeyMan9008/01/2020 22:48

Have you tried knocking on the door of the house it was delivered to?

As mentioned above I don't know exactly which house he went to, but I did visit the houses around where his van was parked and they said they'd had no delivery.

@Azwipe As it was bought via Ebay, if you're suggesting not making a claim to ebay then what do you suggest, would Paypal be any different? Just to also mention that my paypal isn't linked to a credit card.
mudddy09/01/2020 00:43

As mentioned above I don't know exactly which house he went to, but I did …As mentioned above I don't know exactly which house he went to, but I did visit the houses around where his van was parked and they said they'd had no delivery.@Azwipe As it was bought via Ebay, if you're suggesting not making a claim to ebay then what do you suggest, would Paypal be any different? Just to also mention that my paypal isn't linked to a credit card.

I think your only option is to argue the case with ebuyer and see what resolution you get

As mentioned above I don't know exactly which house he went to, but I did …As mentioned above I don't know exactly which house he went to, but I did visit the houses around where his van was parked and they said they'd had no delivery.@Azwipe As it was bought via Ebay, if you're suggesting not making a claim to ebay then what do you suggest, would Paypal be any different? Just to also mention that my paypal isn't linked to a credit card.

Put a paypal claim in. They’ll deal with it.

Alternatively, email john.hughes@yodel.co.uk to talk to the Chief Executive of Yodel to complain and also to directors@ebuyer.com to complain to the Managing Directors. Paypal should get you your money back however.

You need to pursue it through Ebuyer, an ebay or paypal case will just close in favour of the seller. What does the Yodel tracking show? Does it not have full tracking and signature on Yodels website?
Azwipe09/01/2020 09:41

You need to pursue it through Ebuyer, an ebay or paypal case will just …You need to pursue it through Ebuyer, an ebay or paypal case will just close in favour of the seller. What does the Yodel tracking show? Does it not have full tracking and signature on Yodels website?

The tracking doesn't show a signature, but says its been delivered, I've requested a copy of the signature from Ebuyer but nothing received yet.
Ebuyer said all issues need to go through normal Ebay process.
mudddy09/01/2020 11:02

The tracking doesn't show a signature, but says its been delivered, I've …The tracking doesn't show a signature, but says its been delivered, I've requested a copy of the signature from Ebuyer but nothing received yet.Ebuyer said all issues need to go through normal Ebay process.

Ebuyer can say whatever it wants, but it cannot override statute legisaltion where the trader is responsible for the goods "until they come into the physical possession of (a)the consumer, or (b)a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods", which in your case you say has not been completed. Request ebuyer identifies its exemption to the legislation or expalin why it declines to comply with it legislation.gov.uk/ukp…ain
Chiptivo08/01/2020 17:32

Have you checked with the house up the road he dropped it in on to see if …Have you checked with the house up the road he dropped it in on to see if it is your name with the wrong address on?

It wouldn't give the exact address on the tracker just an approximate location..
i had same thing on saturday, waited all morning and afternoon then tracking said in lobby (of block of 88 flats).
customer service couldnt care useless. seller not too fussed either just gonna resend.

john hugesdidnt respond. ExecutiveComplaints@yodel.co.uk did.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants