Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice needed. Electric cooker Cable from appliance to wall outlet.

Any advice assistance appriciated,
    i have just ordered a new electric hotpoint cooker from dixons including installation, although i am told the cooker does not come with the connecting electrical wire to fit to the wall outlet. where can i purchase wiring for this as have advised me that they do not provide this part. my exsiting cooker is electric but i dont want to use the cable from this as it is about 20 years old.

I've looked on the b&Q website without any luck. what do i need to ask for.

Thank you in advance.

14 Comments

30 amp cooker wire at b&q

depends on kw of the cooker you bought? 6 or 10mm Twin + Earth
    Usually get mine from wilkinsons in the high street its marked up as cooker cable just cut it to size required

or maplin

Good idea to get a new cable if the one you have is 20+ years. As raptorcigs suggest, get it from B&Q and make sure it says Cooker Cable.

If you tell us which cooker, we can try and find the manual online and check the installation instructions - this should have the wattage (kW), therefore the ampage and from there the wiring required.

If you dont have a B&Q you could get the cable from wilkinsons

]http//ww…htm

6MM or 10MM Twin and earth cable depending on Kw

Wilko's is about cheapest, I had to buy 10 metres of it recently..!!!

2mts of 10mm Twin & Earth cable will do you, as stated above. B&Q will have, or call a few electrical wholesalers if you are near some, you might save a bit.

c c c of 6 mm t&e is 47 if clipped direct
    also some of these new cooker only need a 13 amp feed via a plug ,so just search your make and model , this should tell you the kw rating

Original Poster

marmalade47;3915940

If you tell us which cooker, we can try and find the manual online and … If you tell us which cooker, we can try and find the manual online and check the installation instructions - this should have the wattage (kW), therefore the ampage and from there the wiring required.

Thanks for all your advice guys.
    its a HOTPOINT C367EWH white double fan electric oven, iv just been on hotpoints website but the product sheet doesnt seem to show the (KW) rating.

:thumbsup:

From Argos ]Website
    TOP OVEN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION:

* Energy consumption 0.99kWh.

BOTTOM OVEN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION:

* Energy consumption 1.19kWh.

wiloks is your best bet, just be sure that when you buy the cooker cable that you buy the appropriate earth sleeving at the same time or the engineer won't fit it. you need to sleeve the exposed earth cable at both ends

Original Poster

shauneco;3916110

From Argos ]WebsiteTOP OVEN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: * Energy … From Argos ]WebsiteTOP OVEN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: * Energy consumption 0.99kWh.BOTTOM OVEN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: * Energy consumption 1.19kWh.

That was lightning fast.......6mm cable it is.> > >
    and Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

wolf359;3916172

wiloks is your best bet, just be sure that when you buy the cooker cable … wiloks is your best bet, just be sure that when you buy the cooker cable that you buy the appropriate earth sleeving at the same time or the engineer won't fit it. you need to sleeve the exposed earth cable at both ends

noted. cheers.:thumbsup:

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767458
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047183
    3. One thing you've forgotten22
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691423

See more discussions