Advice needed for cooking a pork joint!

Found 20th Oct 2008
had a joint of pork in the freezer, took it out to defrost late (11pm ish) saturday night. Its a bigger than normal joint for me so hadn't really thought about how long itd take to defrost, normally they have defrosted my mid morning for me but this one hadn't! looked on reverse and it says defrost for minimum of 24 hours, so had chinese yesterday yum yum and got joint in oven now.... is it definatly ok to eat?! I always worry about using frozen joints don't know why. Cos it has been out of freezer so long is it still ok?

10 Comments

Banned

it will be fine just slow cook gas mark 1 or 2 for 12 hours (i normally do the 24 hr version) and it will be beautiful

Banned

should be fine so long as its not been by a heat source and you thoroughly cook it

Yes it will be fine. When its about cooked take it out and turn up the oven as high as it will go then when its up to temperature put it back in for 10 min just to crisp up the outside.

yeah will be fine, enjoy:thumbsup:

Nuke it in the microwave just to be on the safe side...:whistling:

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;3244918

it will be fine just slow cook gas mark 1 or 2 for 12 hours (i normally … it will be fine just slow cook gas mark 1 or 2 for 12 hours (i normally do the 24 hr version) and it will be beautiful

thanks, I've got it in on low at the moment

ODB_69;3244923

should be fine so long as its not been by a heat source and you … should be fine so long as its not been by a heat source and you thoroughly cook it

been in fridge. I normally stick to lamb or beef I never go wrong with them! lol

Original Poster

thanks everyone, didn't want to make my family poorly! useless mother! thanks x

Banned

save the crackling for me and i'll be round later

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;3244989

save the crackling for me and i'll be round later

:-D

Take it your still alive then or are you vegetarian!
Post a comment
@
    Text