Groups

Advice needed for my dad re ebay item & payment

My dad bought a camera off eBay & made payment as you normally would by clicking through eBay to go into paypal

Buyer emailed my dad saying payment had gone to incorrect email address & could he cancel payment & then make payment to a different email address

My dad has cancelled the payment but Ive advised him not to make a payment without going through ebay, can the seller do something to change which email address the payment goes to after the auction has ended so my dad can pay again though eBay/Paypal? (Item is now showing in eBay as needing to pay again)

The buyer has emailed my dad using the email address that he says is wrong!?

I dont want him to get a non payment strike & my dad wants the camera but I dont want him to loose the money by paying direct to the seller if hes not covered if the camera doesnt arrive. Where do we go from here?

6 Comments

contact ebay

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8324863

don't pay to a different email address, you won't be coveredTell seller … don't pay to a different email address, you won't be coveredTell seller to register new email address with paypal

That's what I've told him

EDIT register new email address as a secondary email or new account? Does a payment made to a secondary address get through or is it just a primary email address that receives payment?

wickedteen;8324865

contact ebay

Just a general email contact or does he need to open a dispute?

It's easier for them to add the email address as a secondary email, payment will still get through to them.

The seller won't be able to change the email address to send payment to through ebay, the address is set when you list the auction.

Looks decidedly dodgy to me! The person selling needs to set up his paypal account correctly and change his email address if he wants to use it. Nothing should be done in the meantime. I'd dispute it with ebay/paypal if he continues with asking to send to another address and not through paypal on the items ebay auction link.

Original Poster

---Kate---;8324929

It's easier for them to add the email address as a secondary email, … It's easier for them to add the email address as a secondary email, payment will still get through to them.The seller won't be able to change the email address to send payment to through ebay, the address is set when you list the auction.

Thanks for that

cdm22;8324947

Looks decidedly dodgy to me! The person selling needs to set up his … Looks decidedly dodgy to me! The person selling needs to set up his paypal account correctly and change his email address if he wants to use it. Nothing should be done in the meantime. I'd dispute it with ebay/paypal if he continues with asking to send to another address and not through paypal on the items ebay auction link.

Yeah that's what I told him, either seller doesn't have the camera to sell or he didn't get the price he wanted & is trying to get out of selling it. Especially as he emailed my dad from the email address my dad made the initial payment to :whistling:

I have done this before ( ie as a seller ) but that has been my wife's fault for putting the incorrect address on the payment box - missing a letter -

paypal then sent me an email saying payment was made to said address and i had to confirm it was my account which is how i found out it was the wrong address.

once the correct address was put in the payment could go through.. but i gather reading the op's post this is a different case to what i had !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers34
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?77

See more discussions