Groups

Advice needed for my new PS50A558 plasma............

I recently bought a new plasma 'Samsung 50" .. and have noticed it makes a slight buzzing sound when in use. Seems to be coming from the back of the tv.

This is my first plasma so not sure if this is a fault?
    Is anyone experiencing anything similar?
    Any advice would be appreciatied. thanks

Merry xmas!

8 Comments

if its new take it back my lcd has a noticable buzz after being on for 10 mins but i have no warenty on it so im not gonna bother

i think its something to do with the pcb it "ossalates" i cant spell but its a fancy word for vibrate i think when the current warms up it vibrates more and becomes a little louder

take it back, only sound should be from the fans and even that should be barely noticeable

Original Poster

tsar_nate;3857894

if its new take it back my lcd has a noticable buzz after being on for 10 … if its new take it back my lcd has a noticable buzz after being on for 10 mins but i have no warenty on it so im not gonna bother i think its something to do with the pcb it "ossalates" i cant spell but its a fancy word for vibrate i think when the current warms up it vibrates more and becomes a little louder

hmm it seems to be more noticable at night and when watching a quite scene *under 10 volume*. Also noticed the sound dissapears when screen blacks out and becomes louder it brightens up.

If this normal for sammy plasma, i can probably bare with it, considering it was a good buy.
    Hope its not a fault however... will give samsung a call tomorrow.
    Thanks for the reply.

Most large screen panels have some degree of a buzz, be them plasma or lcd.

You may have your settings up too high - check what setting it is on - if its on 'dynamic' change it to 'cinema' or similar - you may be pushing the contrast too much.

Original Poster

moob;3857975

Most large screen panels have some degree of a buzz, be them plasma or … Most large screen panels have some degree of a buzz, be them plasma or lcd.You may have your settings up too high - check what setting it is on - if its on 'dynamic' change it to 'cinema' or similar - you may be pushing the contrast too much.

I have kept all settings low including contrast and brightness under 50%. And display is on cinema. The buzz is still there could be a fan .. not sure. Looks like its going to be a return..

Depends how loud it really is, as I said earlier, you will get a certain amount of buzz from all panels, it can depend on individual tolerances and hearing abilities. Hopefully, you will not have to return it.

Hi,
    I had the same problem with my new 50" samsung, I had to call samsung who sent some engineers round, it needed a new board (pcb i think), after which it was fine.

Original Poster

ziqal1234;3881529

Hi,I had the same problem with my new 50" samsung, I had to call samsung … Hi,I had the same problem with my new 50" samsung, I had to call samsung who sent some engineers round, it needed a new board (pcb i think), after which it was fine.

is this covered in the manufacturer warranty? and was your set new?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?56
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671409
      3. word association Game74044564
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876391

See more discussions