Expired

Advice needed for projectors!

7 replies
Found 6th Aug 2010
I'm looking to get a projector and pulldown screen but have not got a clue about them at the moment. I'm hoping to hook one up with a Macbook, Xbox 360 and some 5.1 speakers!

I'm not even sure on price range right now just pondering at the moment as I think a projector would be most practical option for me right now!

Any help would be much appreciated!

7 Comments

We have a Mitsubishi DLP HD ready projector. We bought this about 2 years ago from Maplins instead of spending £600.00+ on a big TV.
We have it hooked up to our Xbox, PC, Sky and the surround sound system.
I have to say this one was of the best decisions my other half ever made and I was against the idea when he first suggested it
. We bought a blackout blind for £30.00 which we use as our screen and bingo we have our own little cinema, games room etc.
Make sure you get a HD one, the graphics on the Xbox are great even on an 100 inch screen.
Unless you will be using it in a really dark room all the time make sure you get one with at least 1500 lumens, the higher the better as the screen will still be ok to use in a semi light room.

When hunting for one remember to check New Bulb prices as these cost £100.00+ to buy, we haven't gone through ours yet but I will need to buy one in the next 6 months I think.

I would recommend getting one if you like films and play on the Xbox a lot

Edited by: "Spooki" 6th Aug 2010

Original Poster

Many thanks, looks like a great piece of kit. Any suggestions on a lower price range model of any sort?

How much are you thinking of spending?

Original Poster

£400 to £600 perhaps?

1080p LCD nuf said

Hi dude I have an electric projector screen, its massive would sell it for £60 but postage would be about £20 in uk!

Original Poster

philireland1

Hi dude I have an electric projector screen, its massive would sell it … Hi dude I have an electric projector screen, its massive would sell it for £60 but postage would be about £20 in uk!

Ah ok, what dimensions is it? How come your selling it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22
    2. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…79
    3. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?57
    4. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89

See more discussions