Groups

Advice needed for Xbox adaptor

Hi all . I'm looking for a bit of advice about what network adaptor to get for my son's Xbox . I've just recently had a wireless router installed after many years of using a normal ethernet connection and as all of the other devices that will be using this connection all have built in wi-fi I am totally at a loss as to what adaptor to get . I'm on a budget as my hubby has been made redundant but one of the things on my son's list was Xbox live . We're pretty clueless when it comes to that sort of thing so any help would be very much appreciated . Specific models would be very helpful or links to offers on here . Search seems to throw up loads of results .

11 Comments

It should be something like this;

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Or why not jus get one of those ethernet cables and wire it from the router to the xbox.

Something like this amazon.co.uk/Eth…V5E
    Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 16th Dec 2010

PraxxtorCruel

It should be something like … It should be something like this;http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9240184.htm

That's the newest 1. If your on a budget you should get the old(white G) adapter. If your really skint just connect to the router itself with an rj45 cable.

uk.webuy.com/pro…699

Link to 1 from CEX. Free delivery but item is second hand.
    Edited by: "thegazman" 16th Dec 2010

Adam had one for sale in his thread,couple of days ago, that I gave to him, he might still have it:

hotukdeals.com/for…014

Hope that helps!

RICH

Where is the Xbox in relation to the router?

/\ What he said /\

If the router is in the room next door you could buy a long ethernet cable.

Original Poster

Thanks all of you for the advice. I bought the white one from Argos . The console is diagonally upstairs from the router so it seemed like a better option than making numerous holes . Needed it cheap but at least that was cheaper than Game were charging . He'll be chuffed to bits being able to get on xbox live as he's been wanting it for a couple of years but I was trying to dissuade him from gaming so long but I've given up on that lol
    Edited by: "freckles101" 16th Dec 2010

Just a warning, the White one found it hard to reach diagonally across our house - it required a router move for Xbox live to be lag-free

Original Poster

Thanks for that tomwatts , will look out for it , pity I have to wait til I open the package to find out lol

Homeplugs may be a better option if the wireless suffers from lag.

You probably know this but to play games on live - you'll need to purchase gold membership - have you got this? Headset might also be useful especially if your son wnats to play games with his mates (don't want your son to dissapointed on Xmas)

gari189

You probably know this but to play games on live - you'll need to … You probably know this but to play games on live - you'll need to purchase gold membership - have you got this? Headset might also be useful especially if your son wnats to play games with his mates (don't want your son to dissapointed on Xmas)

I assume that they haven't had live before, so they'll have a month free.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions