Advice Needed - How To Train Kittens To Do Their Business Out Side?

Found 3rd Apr 2009
Hi All,

My kittens are 6months old now, and they like the outdoors, there not allowed fully outside yet, (just in the garden) but soon there going to the vets to get 'done'
Just wondering how I can train them do do their business outside in the garden and not in the litter tray.

Each time they go outside I take the litter tray ot and put in on the grass, this doesnt seem to work... any tips on this?

Thx,
Tanch

18 Comments

try putting their litter tray outside when they need to go, obviously taking the cats out to the litter tray. Slowly over a few weeks put the tray further and further away from the house.
Eventually they just get used to going outside for the loo and you can get rid of the litter tray altogether.
You just have to keep picking them up and placing them in the litter tray

Hmmm, I wish more owners would teach their cats to use litter trays instead of my garden! I'm fed up having plants ruined and the stench of these dirty horrible animals

Leila70;4820290

Hmmm, I wish more owners would teach their cats to use litter trays … Hmmm, I wish more owners would teach their cats to use litter trays instead of my garden! I'm fed up having plants ruined and the stench of these dirty horrible animals

there are things you can put in your garden to deter them if they upset you that much

Banned

Leila70;4820290

Hmmm, I wish more owners would teach their cats to use litter trays … Hmmm, I wish more owners would teach their cats to use litter trays instead of my garden! I'm fed up having plants ruined and the stench of these dirty horrible animals

+1

caz1cool;4820318

there are things you can put in your garden to deter them if they upset … there are things you can put in your garden to deter them if they upset you that much

A gun?

guv;4820338

+1A gun?

:-D

guv;4820338

+1A gun?

+1 lol

Maybe i will start dressing up like a cat and deposit my dogs turd around other peoples gardens.

Titchimp;4820365

Maybe i will start dressing up like a cat and deposit my dogs turd around … Maybe i will start dressing up like a cat and deposit my dogs turd around other peoples gardens.

whatever floats your boat titchimp :oops:

I don't mind cats that much I just hate having my garden stink of their crap and I've a pond that I can't keep fish in now and all my neighbours have cats and they all do their business in my garden and as I'm the only one who has bothered doing anything with my garden they all seem to think of it as a fairground. The neighbours kick the cats out in the morning and leave them out all day (no cat flaps) and why should I have to have stuff all over my garden to keep them out.

Dog owners would be fined.

Titchimp;4820365

Maybe i will start dressing up like a cat and deposit my dogs turd around … Maybe i will start dressing up like a cat and deposit my dogs turd around other peoples gardens.

good idea

My cat buries his turds.

Bettter than dogs with silly owners who leave it for someone to tread in on the pavement.

Snailman;4820394

My cat buries his turds.Bettter than dogs with silly owners who leave it … My cat buries his turds.Bettter than dogs with silly owners who leave it for someone to tread in on the pavement.

Yeah they bury it in other people's gardens and they only find it when they dig it up. At least with dogs stuff you can see it, lol. But yes, if dog owners don't clear stuff up they should be fined. I'm lucky though I think as dog owners where I live are fairly responsible and the council provide loads of bins. Worst place I've been recently for dog mess was Paris, Monmartre area, disgusting

Leila70;4820382

I don't mind cats that much I just hate having my garden stink of their … I don't mind cats that much I just hate having my garden stink of their crap and I've a pond that I can't keep fish in now and all my neighbours have cats and they all do their business in my garden and as I'm the only one who has bothered doing anything with my garden they all seem to think of it as a fairground. The neighbours kick the cats out in the morning and leave them out all day (no cat flaps) and why should I have to have stuff all over my garden to keep them out.Dog owners would be fined.

I totally agree,i was moaning on here last time someone mentioned it,why don't cat owners want to keep the cat litter tray,because they'd have to continue to clean it up,whereas now someone else will be doing it!

I ended up having my back garden paved because of cat mess,every day it was there and more than one cat was doing it too.

I tried all the old wives tales,bottles,orange peel,pepper,nothing worked,the only thing that did was something you buy,i forget the name,but it only lasted a few days and if it rained even less,the smell kept them off but it was about a pound a bottle!

Banned

Leila70;4820423

Yeah they bury it in other people's gardens and they only find it when … Yeah they bury it in other people's gardens and they only find it when they dig it up. At least with dogs stuff you can see it, lol. But yes, if dog owners don't clear stuff up they should be fined. I'm lucky though I think as dog owners where I live are fairly responsible and the council provide loads of bins. Worst place I've been recently for dog mess was Paris, Monmartre area, disgusting

Funny you should say that. Paris and Brussels are horendous for dog crap!

My ex used to say cats bury theirs,after he moved in he wasn't saying that any longer when he was helping me remove it from the garden:w00t:

deb8z;4820458

My ex used to say cats bury theirs,after he moved in he wasn't saying … My ex used to say cats bury theirs,after he moved in he wasn't saying that any longer when he was helping me remove it from the garden:w00t:

:-D

guv;4820452

Funny you should say that. Paris and Brussels are horendous for dog crap!

I was just thinking about going to Brussels for a long weekend but maybe go to Holland instead. I fancy tip toe-ing through the tulips and not dog crap lol

Original Poster

thanks for the replys, lol...
reped.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2030
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2099
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517
    4. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1317

See more discussions