Advice needed on a quick question......?

17 replies
Found 23rd May 2008
I've been looking around for a HDMI cable for my ps3.
Not to concerned about the price at the moment (as long as its under £25) but just want something that actually works and won't break after a few weeks.

I've heard that the longer cables are worse so not looking for a long cable, less then 2m should be fine.

Any helpful answer would be appreciated.

Thanks.

17 Comments

They say that a cheap HMDI cable is as good as a dear one.. I bought one from ebuyer and I think it was about £3 ish

Original Poster

thanks for the reply, does it work well or are there better ones for a few bucks more?

I have a HDMI to HDMI for a PS3 2MTR lead for £4.20 delivered.
Or an OXI-Gold Selectric branded oxygen free one gold on either end and the wires are individually coiled for £12.99 delivered.
If you or anyone is interested I can send you a paypal invoice my ebay id is acidsky2002 over 1700 feedback.

King of Thieves;2164083

thanks for the reply, does it work well or are there better ones for a … thanks for the reply, does it work well or are there better ones for a few bucks more?

They work well with my sky HD... They say that because it's digital you either get the picture or you don't and there is nothing in between..

I bought two of these.. ebuyer.com/pro…508

I will look for a bit of info for you...

A big thread on this on avforums somewhere..

]HERE it is....

The Gadget Show on Five did a test of HDMI cables.
One was a £19.99 job and the other being a £120 cable. All the equipment they used was the same and they came to the conclusion, that both picture and sound was perfect on both set ups.

lawe;2164124

The Gadget Show on Five did a test of HDMI cables.One was a £19.99 job … The Gadget Show on Five did a test of HDMI cables.One was a £19.99 job and the other being a £120 cable. All the equipment they used was the same and they came to the conclusion, that both picture and sound was perfect on both set ups.

That is true, we probably won't see the benefit until the digital switchover!?!?
I cannot tell the difference.

lawe;2164124

The Gadget Show on Five did a test of HDMI cables.One was a £19.99 job … The Gadget Show on Five did a test of HDMI cables.One was a £19.99 job and the other being a £120 cable. All the equipment they used was the same and they came to the conclusion, that both picture and sound was perfect on both set ups.

That is true, we probably won't see the benefit until the digital switchover!?!?
I cannot tell the difference.

Original Poster

lawe;2164124

Sounds good. only thing is do you know the model of the £19.99 one? :w00t:

BECKHAMNO7;2164142

That is true, we probably won't see the benefit until the digital … That is true, we probably won't see the benefit until the digital switchover!?!?I cannot tell the difference.

What has the digital switchover got to do with HDMI cables?

King of Thieves;2164150

Sounds good. only thing is do you know the model of the £19.99 one? :w00t:

Don't pay £19.99 for one...... Save your money and get the cheapest one... :thumbsup:

leefal;2164165

What has the digital switchover got to do with HDMI cables?

Are you feeling ok?;-)

Original Poster

I've heard there's no differerence. But a friend of mine has a cheap HDMI and that one is cr*p.

I'm going now but if any of you can find anything useful the please put it on here and i'll check this thread later on.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Original Poster

Rep give to everyone other then lawe (ran out)... Will rep you tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for the links lawe..... rep added anyway.

I have a cheap HDMI lead, and it works fab, like Edna only cost a little bit of money!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien628
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    3. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet66
    4. amazon echo idiots guide69

See more discussions