Advice needed on best budget Laptop, Desktop or All in one.

Found 20th MarEdited by:"some_punk_girl"
Looking for a Laptop, Desktop or All in one for my sons.

We currently have a 3/4 year old Toshiba Satellite Laptop C50-B-14D:
  • Windows 8.1 (pre-installed) - (we have upgraded to Windows 10)
  • Intel® Celeron® N2830 processor with Intel® Burst Technology 2.0
  • 39.6cm (15.6”) , Toshiba TruBrite® HD TFT High Brightness display with 16 : 9 aspect ratio and LED backlighting
  • Hard disk 500 GB
  • Matt black finish with textured pattern, black keyboard
  • 4,096 (1x) MB, DDR3L RAM (1,333 MHz)
  • Intel® HD Graphics
  • maximum life : up to 4h20min (Mobile Mark™ 2012)
  • weight : up to 2.2 kg
  • W x D x H : 380.0 x 259.9 x 26.6 mm

It seems to do what they want, Roblox, Minecraft and Steam, but it is getting slow and they are fed up of sharing. My oldest (9) is interested in playing The Sims and other games, which I know from playing older Sims games myself, a decent graphics card and something fast is needed.
I have been looking for weeks and still haven't found anything, maybe I'm being too optimistic in thinking I can get something that can do everything needed for around £300?

Thank you
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments
One option is:

itzoo.co.uk/col…054

Use code NEWCUSTOMER

+

ebuyer.com/791…BwE

and then would consider an SSD to make it more responsive in loading.

Edit: obviously wasn't many of those in stock as now gone - itzoo is good to keep an eye on though
Edited by: "Bertz99" 20th Mar
Possibly this for your budget just been reduced from £400 to £350
tesco.com/dir…136
Another option is this route:
ebay.co.uk/itm…c10

This is new would have a longer life span as the processor in it is one of AMD's latest, is an APU that combines the CPU and Graphics which is what brings down the price and markets for value offered) which would mean upgrades will be available for years unlike the Dell i5 which will be effectively what it is - downside is this one will increase your budget as will need a monitor too.

Again SSD would improve responsiveness.

Both have 4GB memory which at some stage you might want to bump up but not critical for your use case description.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants