Expired

Advice needed on cheapest way to get Amazon student prime

Found 6th May
Hi, since Amazon now let you use amazon prime trial only once per person, how can I sign up to become a student and then buy the prime at a reduced price? I read somewhere that I can purchase an online course and that would be sufficient, any advice? Any cheap courses I can Enrol on and be eligible to apply. Thanks
Community Updates
AskStudentUniversity
38 Comments
This thread might be useful for you. Get cheap course, then NUS Card and then apply for Amazon student.
You get free 6 months and then £39 per year.

Click me
Or you could just pay the price and stop abusing the system. Just saying...
Thanks shabbird I’ve purchased a course but it will not let me register the code
New email every month.

Free prime forever.

Done it for 4+ years no issue.
benjammin3166 m ago

New email every month.Free prime forever. Done it for 4+ years no issue.

They’ve changed it can’t do this anymore
benjammin31610 m ago

Not being funny but i hope they track these fraudulent activity down!

Do you steal 5p carrier bags in the shops too??
Misslovely2 m ago

Not being funny but i hope they track these fraudulent activity down! Do …Not being funny but i hope they track these fraudulent activity down! Do you steal 5p carrier bags in the shops too??

14 day jail sentence also
Lilly_White20 m ago

They’ve changed it can’t do this anymore

I did it again last week. Just need to cancel 3 days before trial ends now as opposed to straight away.

Misslovely16 m ago

Not being funny but i hope they track these fraudulent activity down! Do …Not being funny but i hope they track these fraudulent activity down! Do you steal 5p carrier bags in the shops too??

Yes.
benjammin31612 h, 1 m ago

I did it again last week. Just need to cancel 3 days before trial ends now …I did it again last week. Just need to cancel 3 days before trial ends now as opposed to straight away. Yes.

Because of people like you we can't have nice things. One of the reason why prime and other services are increasing prices
Edited by: "mattsk" 7th May
benjammin3161 h, 0 m ago

Good for you Sir.
Stick it to da man

Everyone outrage is so funny. This is what being on Twitter must be like

Could someone please be outraged by my supportive comments too?
Thanks in advance.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell52 m ago

Good for you Sir.Stick it to da man Everyone outrage is so funny. …Good for you Sir.Stick it to da man Everyone outrage is so funny. This is what being on Twitter must be like Could someone please be outraged by my supportive comments too?Thanks in advance.

I'm with you, at the end of the day you're not hurting anyone... Also you shouldn't concern yourself what others are doing.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 7th May
Lilly_White4 h, 19 m ago

Thanks shabbird I’ve purchased a course but it will not let me register t …Thanks shabbird I’ve purchased a course but it will not let me register the code

You don't need to buy a course really. Read the first comment on the post linked and it says you can use 'Smart Study Online' without buying a course.
NUS extra fraud card is great gets my vote

although i may end up in prison according to the moral majority on here

Just saying...

33756167-USLFF.jpg
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 7th May
Lilly_White7 h, 8 m ago

Thanks shabbird I’ve purchased a course but it will not let me register t …Thanks shabbird I’ve purchased a course but it will not let me register the code

No need to buy a course to qualify for NUSx card. No need to be a student. Just need to select a course name and place of study from dropdown options, and quote a student number. Most abusers cite some OU course and create plausible random student number. Nobody checks the legitimacy of anything, except the legitimacy of the payment. My cat has an NUSx card as mentioned here hotukdeals.com/com…549
I’ve applied for a nus card online what do I need to do now?
Lilly_White3 h, 12 m ago

I’ve applied for a nus card online what do I need to do now?

Fastest way: install NUSx app to smartphone / tablet, add your NUSx signup ID and create screenshot of the profile page. Send screenshot of NUSx membership profile page to Amazon as stated at amazon.co.uk/gp/…813
psychobitchfromhell16 h, 3 m ago

Or you could just pay the price and stop abusing the system. Just saying...

Amazon abuse the tax system, so all is fair!
TallYoda37 m ago

They don’t abuse the tax system just because it’s not to your liking doesn’t mean it’s abuse. Funny thing is what amazon and others have been doing is because of poor tax law for decades you would think governments would want to stop it and have had plenty of time to do so. Even since the story broke to the public in 2012 /13 and yep nothing has been done in 5 years so obviously only a small number of the public care or our government would have done something by now.
TallYoda1 h, 30 m ago

Two wrongs don't make a right
This site is going to the dogs. You can't discuss politics of religion or even have an opinion half the time but it's perfectly fine to share tips on how to defraud companies. How long before this comment gets deleted?
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 13 m ago

This site is going to the dogs. You can't discuss politics of religion or …This site is going to the dogs. You can't discuss politics of religion or even have an opinion half the time but it's perfectly fine to share tips on how to defraud companies. How long before this comment gets deleted?

just report this fraud to amazon then i am sure they will be happy to hear about this you may even be reward with free prime access for your good work and you will have stopped the fraud job done
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 7th May
Horses for courses. I get how much fun it can be to beat the system but I'm not a cheat. What worries me is that there are degrees of dishonesty. If something is wrong then it is wrong. A lie is a lie and fraud is fraud. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
Infractionboi49 m ago

just report this fraud to amazon then i am sure they will be happy to hear …just report this fraud to amazon then i am sure they will be happy to hear about this you may even be reward with free prime access for your good work and you will have stopped the fraud job done

TallYoda6 m ago

But it brings balance to the force.

True that is but wrong it is also.
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 16 m ago

Horses for courses. I get how much fun it can be to beat the system but …Horses for courses. I get how much fun it can be to beat the system but I'm not a cheat. What worries me is that there are degrees of dishonesty. If something is wrong then it is wrong. A lie is a lie and fraud is fraud. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

I suspect the main issue here is the conmercial company that administers the NUSx scheme. There is no incentive for the conmercial company to check card applicants are genuine students; just the opposite. A conmercial company is not likely to actively strive to reduce its subscription receipts by checking applicants' student status, having to pay staff to perform the checks, jump through all manner of DP / GDPR requirements and then have to explain to the scheme participants why its incentivised userbase is reducing - just makes no commercial sense. Abuse? Fraud? No, it's a conmercial decision.
AndyRoyd3 h, 17 m ago

I suspect the main issue here is the conmercial company that administers …I suspect the main issue here is the conmercial company that administers the NUSx scheme. There is no incentive for the conmercial company to check card applicants are genuine students; just the opposite. A conmercial company is not likely to actively strive to reduce its subscription receipts by checking applicants' student status, having to pay staff to perform the checks, jump through all manner of DP / GDPR requirements and then have to explain to the scheme participants why its incentivised userbase is reducing - just makes no commercial sense. Abuse? Fraud? No, it's a conmercial decision.

You miss the point. What you say is certainly true but my beef isn't with the company. My beef is with the people who knowingly exploit this loophole to get something they are not entitled to. I know it isn't the end of the world and amazon won't go bust because of it but it is abusing the system. What's the next step? You pretend to be disabled or unemployed to claim benefits you aren't entitled to? I'd like to think people here would find that abhorrent but it's basically the same thing.
psychobitchfromhell41 m ago

You miss the point. What you say is certainly true but my beef isn't with …You miss the point. What you say is certainly true but my beef isn't with the company. My beef is with the people who knowingly exploit this loophole to get something they are not entitled to. I know it isn't the end of the world and amazon won't go bust because of it but it is abusing the system. What's the next step? You pretend to be disabled or unemployed to claim benefits you aren't entitled to? I'd like to think people here would find that abhorrent but it's basically the same thing.

It's a dull debate topic, but I suspect that Amazon has done its homework and knows the score: 1) incentivise student Prime membership to attempt to capture a customer for life and gain ROI in long-term, 2) accept some non-students will obtain Prime Student but it doesn't really matter because the non-students will likely have a greater disposable income than students and so the non-students have the ability to increase ROI in shorter term. Nobody is losing out, Amazon is simply securing custom it may have lost elsewhere if the non-students hadn't been incentivised by Prime to repeatedly shop at Amazon. Lol, this scenario cannot be rationally compared to questionable disability / unemployment benefit claims.
AndyRoyd46 m ago

It's a dull debate topic, but I suspect that Amazon has done its homework …It's a dull debate topic, but I suspect that Amazon has done its homework and knows the score: 1) incentivise student Prime membership to attempt to capture a customer for life and gain ROI in long-term, 2) accept some non-students will obtain Prime Student but it doesn't really matter because the non-students will likely have a greater disposable income than students and so the non-students have the ability to increase ROI in shorter term. Nobody is losing out, Amazon is simply securing custom it may have lost elsewhere if the non-students hadn't been incentivised by Prime to repeatedly shop at Amazon. Lol, this scenario cannot be rationally compared to questionable disability / unemployment benefit claims.

I get what you are saying but it is a question of morals not how much Amazon wants your business. If the speed limit is 30, is it ok to drive at 33 because you know you won't be prosecuted? You hit someone at that speed you will kill them. My point is if it isn't ok to disregard one set of rules, why is it ok to disregard a different set just because it suits you? Where do you draw the line? I have an autistic son and life to him is black and white. We neurotypical ones see shades of grey. You push the boundaries and they move but just because you can push them does not mean you should. I totally get that there a thousand ways not to pay for amazon prime but if we all decided which rules we would follow and which did not apply to us, we would end up in a state of anarchy.
psychobitchfromhell15 m ago

I get what you are saying but it is a question of morals not how much …I get what you are saying but it is a question of morals not how much Amazon wants your business. If the speed limit is 30, is it ok to drive at 33 because you know you won't be prosecuted? You hit someone at that speed you will kill them. My point is if it isn't ok to disregard one set of rules, why is it ok to disregard a different set just because it suits you? Where do you draw the line? I have an autistic son and life to him is black and white. We neurotypical ones see shades of grey. You push the boundaries and they move but just because you can push them does not mean you should. I totally get that there a thousand ways not to pay for amazon prime but if we all decided which rules we would follow and which did not apply to us, we would end up in a state of anarchy.

The decision for Amazon to incentivise sales from a particular demographic is fueled by commercial gain, not moral dilema. If Student Prime wasn't working for Amazon, the company could simply choose to apply stricter qualification criteria. This is such a simple marketing concept it's quite bizarre to see non-commercial interpretation. The card administrators and Amazon simply want the business and are clearly happy - if not keen - for it to continue as-is because this marketing model clearly works.
AndyRoyd6 h, 58 m ago

The decision for Amazon to incentivise sales from a particular demographic …The decision for Amazon to incentivise sales from a particular demographic is fueled by commercial gain, not moral dilema. If Student Prime wasn't working for Amazon, the company could simply choose to apply stricter qualification criteria. This is such a simple marketing concept it's quite bizarre to see non-commercial interpretation. The card administrators and Amazon simply want the business and are clearly happy - if not keen - for it to continue as-is because this marketing model clearly works.

you really don't understand the point I'm making. I don't give a monkey's about Amazon Prime. What bugs me is that you can't have an opinion here or discuss politics of religion but it is quite ok to discuss how to defraud someone. I know Amazon probably care less about this than I do but my issue is that people seem to think it is ok to lie and cheat to get what they want. In my book that is not ok.
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 7 m ago

you really don't understand the point I'm making. I don't give a monkey's …you really don't understand the point I'm making. I don't give a monkey's about Amazon Prime. What bugs me is that you can't have an opinion here or discuss politics of religion but it is quite ok to discuss how to defraud someone. I know Amazon probably care less about this than I do but my issue is that people seem to think it is ok to lie and cheat to get what they want. In my book that is not ok.

no cheating involved you sign up for a online course
which then qualifies you to get the nus extra card
what part of that is fraud ?
you don't need to be a full time student to get this card
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 52 m ago

you really don't understand the point I'm making. I don't give a monkey's …you really don't understand the point I'm making. I don't give a monkey's about Amazon Prime. What bugs me is that you can't have an opinion here or discuss politics of religion but it is quite ok to discuss how to defraud someone. I know Amazon probably care less about this than I do but my issue is that people seem to think it is ok to lie and cheat to get what they want. In my book that is not ok.

The lack of understanding lies elsewhere. Student Prime and its qualifying criteria are marketing models, not an online fraud tool. The operators of the models choose not to change them cos it works for them. Simples.
shabbird6th May

This thread might be useful for you. Get cheap course, then NUS Card and …This thread might be useful for you. Get cheap course, then NUS Card and then apply for Amazon student. You get free 6 months and then £39 per year. Click me

Sorry for the dumb question here, but does that mean I just skip his steps 1 & 2, enrol in any course after using "study smart online" & buy the nus card?
Pengin10 m ago

Sorry for the dumb question here, but does that mean I just skip his steps …Sorry for the dumb question here, but does that mean I just skip his steps 1 & 2, enrol in any course after using "study smart online" & buy the nus card?

Not sure if that will work. I did steps 1 and 2 ad bought a course from Ecareers as they were on the list on NUS
form. . And used those details on NUS application
and got the card. This would cost you £4+12+39. You can also pay for 3 years and so don't have to go through this every year.

You do have an alternative as Prime day is on July 16 and they they usually have Prime for around £50 for a year.
shabbird6 m ago

Not sure if that will work. I did steps 1 and 2 ad bought a course from …Not sure if that will work. I did steps 1 and 2 ad bought a course from Ecareers as they were on the list on NUSform. . And used those details on NUS applicationand got the card. This would cost you £4+12+39. You can also pay for 3 years and so don't have to go through this every year. You do have an alternative as Prime day is on July 16 and they they usually have Prime for around £50 for a year.

Thanks for the fast response. I think I'll wait for prime day then & see. Thanks very much, appreciated!
Pengin3 m ago

Thanks for the fast response. I think I'll wait for prime day then & see. …Thanks for the fast response. I think I'll wait for prime day then & see. Thanks very much, appreciated!

You are welcome. Only got email about Prime day this morning.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions