Found 22nd Oct 2007
I have booked a last minute holiday for myself and the gf to Egypt leaving in a weeks time. A couple of websites suggest that I need some vaccinations and that i shld have them a few weeks before depature. Does anyone know if these jabs are essential? And if they are, what do I do about the fact that I am leaving in a week.

Any help much appreciated!

3 Comments

Ian182

I have booked a last minute holiday for myself and the gf to Egypt … I have booked a last minute holiday for myself and the gf to Egypt leaving in a weeks time. A couple of websites suggest that I need some vaccinations and that i shld have them a few weeks before depature. Does anyone know if these jabs are essential? And if they are, what do I do about the fact that I am leaving in a week.Any help much appreciated!

Hi Ian,

Govenrment site linky as follows- -read it and you might not want to go!!! :-(
I am sure it will be fine as long as you have wits about you.

fco.gov.uk/ser…875

Regarding health risks - this seems to be the site linky - Yellow Fever requirments
nathnac.org/ds/…htm

Hope this is of some use!:thumbsup:

We've just come back and didn't have any jabs before we went with no problems, think you only need [SIZE=-1]malaria pils for the upper Nile delta region, unfortunatly i think you've left it too late for jabs so enjoy your holiday just take normal [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]precautions, drinking water,cuts infections etc.:thumbsup: [/SIZE]

loads of people i know go to egypt every year
they love it
becareful on the water and bombs(sometimes)
go and have a great time
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322829
    2. word association Game74244874
    3. Add one, leave one game54315395
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769257

See more discussions