Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice Needed On Internet Provider

Hi all,

My partner has a BT Phone Line and I'm looking at getting the Internet at our new house. Shes transferred her phone line from her old property so she is still under contract with BT. However we do not have the internet so I was wondering which is the best deal for broadband. I would like a relatively fast connection speed and would like unlimited Internet so I can use it whenever and wherever I like.

All advice is greatly received

Thanks

26 Comments

O2, aol..... have some good deals on at the moment,

try uswitch.com

I am with Be* ([url]www.bethere.co.uk[/url]) on the unlimted option and for service it is perfect. Cant fault this company, i switched from BT 2 years ago and havent contemplated changing since.
    I reccomend their Be Value with the new half price for 12 months offer. works out at £6.75/month for 8MB and totally unlimited

i would go with BeThere if available in your area, as they are consistently in the top 5 providers
    :thumbsup:

I got my parents plus.net value @ £5.99 per month (if you're in a competition area), plus £28 Quidco. Ideal for low usage (upto 10Gb per month)

Check out samknows.co.uk for providers and speeds available in your area.

I'm with O2 its one of the cheapest and best for up to 8mb which I can have. Its 7.34 if you have an o2 mobile I use it with my pay and go I top up 10.00 every 3 months :-)

O2 uses the same lines as Bethere and is part of the same company.

If you register through quidco.com a cashback site, clear your cookies first you can get 50 pounds for registering standard broadband with 02

moneysupermarket.com/bro…nd/

Is a good way to check what's available in your area... just be careful about the prices quoted by the ISP, some of them quote a price that seems very good until you discover that to get that price your exchange would have to be fitted with their equipment, if not then it's a lot more money.
    If like me you live in the countryside, then it's very unlikely that your exchange has been fitted with their equipment... just so you know.

I'd go for O2/Be but only IF your exchange has been unbundled.
    You can check here by entering your phone number and/or postcode: samknows.com/bro…php

If you or your partner have a mobile on O2 then you get a reduction on the monthly BB cost.

If you order soon you could also get between £50 - £100 cashback with QuidCo.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice. I phoned up Be and unfortunately I can't receive it in my area. I have a pay and go sim card for 02 . Will this qualify me for the internet or will i have to be a contract customer? I popped on Samknows and a few were cheap but then when i progressed the price would go up after the 1st 3 months. I'll keep browsing through every 1's suggestions. Thank you all so far

I've got Sky.

As a customer of their tv package I pay £10 per month for their fastest broadband.

I've had no problems with them at all.

You can get quidco for applying online. I had £50, but I'm not sure if that deal is still on.

If you are not a customer, then their packages cost £5, £10 and £15.

I transferred from BT as BT were charging me £21 per month for broadband, somewhat extortionate if you ask me!!

pingusbrother;6631153

Thanks for all your advice. I phoned up Be and unfortunately I can't … Thanks for all your advice. I phoned up Be and unfortunately I can't receive it in my area. I have a pay and go sim card for 02 . Will this qualify me for the internet or will i have to be a contract customer? I popped on Samknows and a few were cheap but then when i progressed the price would go up after the 1st 3 months. I'll keep browsing through every 1's suggestions. Thank you all so far

Follow the advice at post number 6, that will tell you what is available.;-)

Samknows is rubbish, loads of the information is wrong.

According to the site I cannot get Pipex or Orange (I have been with both of them), I also cannot get Entanet who I am with at the moment.

pingusbrother;6631153

... I have a pay and go sim card for 02 . Will this qualify me for the … ... I have a pay and go sim card for 02 . Will this qualify me for the internet or will i have to be a contract customer?...

Pay & Go is fine, you just need to make sure you top-up at least £10 every 3 months.

Though if you can't get Be then I guess you can't get O2.

inside101;6632181

Pay & Go is fine, you just need to make sure you top-up at least £10 … Pay & Go is fine, you just need to make sure you top-up at least £10 every 3 months.Though if you can't get Be then I guess you can't get O2.

o2 access @ £17.50 a month.

gary_rip;6632194

o2 access @ £17.50 a month.

That is the worst of all options.

o2 via LLU is the only decent option.

Inactive;6632421

That is the worst of all options.o2 via LLU is the only decent option.

Its not the worst if that is the only one available... They have already said BE LLU isn't available. :thumbsup:

I have BT option 3....unlimited downloads and have never had an issue with it....had it for the last 2 years and they reduce the price every time my contract is up for renewal so I now pay £16 a month including a dongle thing 1GB Mobile Broadband every month

Original Poster

gary_rip;6632681

Its not the worst if that is the only one available... They have already … Its not the worst if that is the only one available... They have already said BE LLU isn't available. :thumbsup:

Yeah can only get the o2 home access package due to my location

Original Poster

boothy;6632737

I have BT option 3....unlimited downloads and have never had an issue … I have BT option 3....unlimited downloads and have never had an issue with it....had it for the last 2 years and they reduce the price every time my contract is up for renewal so I now pay £16 a month including a dongle thing 1GB Mobile Broadband every month

Phoned up BT But only problem is very expensive. They want £18.59 for 3 months then £24.46 every month after. I guess its a good deal if like yourself have been with them awhile and the price has dropped but for a new customer it's not great

pingusbrother;6633051

Phoned up BT But only problem is very expensive. They want £18.59 for 3 … Phoned up BT But only problem is very expensive. They want £18.59 for 3 months then £24.46 every month after. I guess its a good deal if like yourself have been with them awhile and the price has dropped but for a new customer it's not great

Do you really know Pingu?

Unlimited wifi is very handy with BT

pingusbrother;6633051

Phoned up BT But only problem is very expensive. They want £18.59 for 3 … Phoned up BT But only problem is very expensive. They want £18.59 for 3 months then £24.46 every month after. I guess its a good deal if like yourself have been with them awhile and the price has dropped but for a new customer it's not great

Do a search here...

samknows.com/bro…php

and post the link to the page it takes you to. we will be able to help you a lot more with this info... pm me the link if you dont want it on public forum.

pingusbrother;6633051

£50 quidco for BB at present

Original Poster

gary_rip;6633077

Do a search here...http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.phpand post … Do a search here...http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.phpand post the link to the page it takes you to. we will be able to help you a lot more with this info... pm me the link if you dont want it on public forum.

Heres the link
    samknows.com/bro…STN

Original Poster

boothy;6633288

£50 quidco for BB at present

Ok cool I'll work it out as that may make it more reasonable!! If i get my £50 cashback it works out at £18.83 per month for a 12 month contract!! So it's still slightly more expensive than o2!! Hopefully i can use my pay and go still to qualify

pingusbrother;6633317

Ok cool I'll work it out as that may make it more reasonable!! If i get … Ok cool I'll work it out as that may make it more reasonable!! If i get my £50 cashback it works out at £18.83 per month for a 12 month contract

after your 12 month contract youll be able to request for it to be dropped to 15.49 straight away :thumbsup:

You will regret getting o2 Access.

If you cannot get o2 LLU, look for something better than o2 Access.

Take a look at ThinkBroadband for better advice.

thinkbroadband.com/

Editor

Closed @ OP request - thanks for the report

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. word association Game73944532
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359
    4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller22

See more discussions