Groups

Advice needed on laptop please

I work offshore and its a nightmare getting onto the computers as there is only 3 but does have 3 points to connect a laptop.
    Im thinking of this laptop as all i need it for is looking on the net and thats all, can anyone tell me if this would be suitable ?

its called the Elonex one+t laptop bundle - black
    LNX Code 8 Mobile 400MHz Processor. 128Mb SD RAM + 2Gb Flash Memory Optimised for Linux. Additional 1Gb Wrist Vault included. 7in High Resolution TFT LCD Display (800x480 pixel Widescreen). Linux Operating system with wordprocessing, spreadsheet, email and internet. WiFi 802.11g. Bluetooth. Braodband connector (RJ45). Audio in/mic (3.5mm), Audio out/headphone (3.5mm). Built in 2x speakers. Comes with accessory pack which includes; Bag, memory card reader, External optical mouse, Headphone set @ 179.99

thanks

11 Comments

would be very very slow

Original Poster

Ok, so if there was pictures on the pages it would run really badly ?

saxo_appeal;2915721

Ok, so if there was pictures on the pages it would run really badly ?

would take a while to load them :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ah right, what about this one

Hi-Grade 8 ins Laptop
    £229.00
    VIA C7-M 1.2GHZ processor. 512Mb DDR2 RAM. 30Gb Hard Drive. 8 ins TFT widescreen colour display. Windows XP.

or

Asus 7-in mobile PC - white
    £279.00
    Great for the beginner - the Eee PC has a Linux operating system that's more easier to use than any Windows machine and it starts up twice as fast. Small, yet sturdy, it's a good choice for the children too.
    Standard range. (see More Info).
    Intel Mobile processor. 512Mb RAM..... 4Gb flash memory. 7in display. Linux opertaing system pre-loaded. Webcam. SD/MMC card slot. Wireless 802.11b/g. 0.92Kgs.
    Eee-PC with Linux operating system:-
    This PC doesn't use a Microsoft operating system. It comes pre-loaded with OpenOffice.org software which lets you open Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents, edit and save them in a Microsoft format, so Microsoft users will be able to open files you send them.
    Linux is easy to use and starts up in seconds to reveal 6 tabs: Internet, Work, Learn, Play, Settings and Favourites, each with shortcuts to useful services.
    For example, click on the "Internet" tab for Google and Skype. There's a PDF reader and dictionary under "Work" and you'll find games plus a photo manager and media player in "Play". Plus much, much more.
    Best of all Linux is virus-free.
    2-year warranty. ASUS helpline: 0870 120 8340. White.

saxo_appeal;2915791

Asus 7-in mobile PC - white £279.00 Great for the beginner - the Eee PC … Asus 7-in mobile PC - white £279.00 Great for the beginner - the Eee PC has a Linux operating system that's more easier to use than any Windows machine and it starts up twice as fast. Small, yet sturdy, it's a good choice for the children too.Standard range. (see More Info).Intel Mobile processor. 512Mb RAM..... 4Gb flash memory. 7in display. Linux opertaing system pre-loaded. Webcam. SD/MMC card slot. Wireless 802.11b/g. 0.92Kgs.Eee-PC with Linux operating system:-This PC doesn't use a Microsoft operating system. It comes pre-loaded with OpenOffice.org software which lets you open Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents, edit and save them in a Microsoft format, so Microsoft users will be able to open files you send them.Linux is easy to use and starts up in seconds to reveal 6 tabs: Internet, Work, Learn, Play, Settings and Favourites, each with shortcuts to useful services.For example, click on the "Internet" tab for Google and Skype. There's a PDF reader and dictionary under "Work" and you'll find games plus a photo manager and media player in "Play". Plus much, much more.Best of all Linux is virus-free. 2-year warranty. ASUS helpline: 0870 120 8340. White.

Ouch, that's overpriced. The eee 4g (that model) is usually £100 less. At £280 you want the eee 901 instead which has twice the battery life, a bigger screen (the same size chassis) and bluetooth.

The first one would be fine for the net and won't be slow for pictures (it's 400Mhz, not a ZX spectrum) but you may have trouble viewing things like youtube videos or flash games with it. The C7-M also apparently has some trouble with youtube video.

The 630Mhz celeron in the eee PC 4G handles youtube video and flash fine, as does the 1.6Ghz atom used in the eee PC 901.

I have an eee 4G myself if you want anything specific testing.

Original Poster

yeh all its going to be used for is looking on the net at bebo and yahoo etc, not going to be running videos, the speed on the rig is **** anyway. The point is shared with america and when there up its so slow lol

saxo_appeal;2915791

ah right, what about this one Hi-Grade 8 ins Laptop £229.00 VIA C7-M … ah right, what about this one Hi-Grade 8 ins Laptop £229.00 VIA C7-M 1.2GHZ processor. 512Mb DDR2 RAM. 30Gb Hard Drive. 8 ins TFT widescreen colour display. Windows XP.or Asus 7-in mobile PC - white £279.00 Great for the beginner - the Eee PC has a Linux operating system that's more easier to use than any Windows machine and it starts up twice as fast. Small, yet sturdy, it's a good choice for the children too.Standard range. (see More Info).Intel Mobile processor. 512Mb RAM..... 4Gb flash memory. 7in display. Linux opertaing system pre-loaded. Webcam. SD/MMC card slot. Wireless 802.11b/g. 0.92Kgs.Eee-PC with Linux operating system:-This PC doesn't use a Microsoft operating system. It comes pre-loaded with OpenOffice.org software which lets you open Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents, edit and save them in a Microsoft format, so Microsoft users will be able to open files you send them.Linux is easy to use and starts up in seconds to reveal 6 tabs: Internet, Work, Learn, Play, Settings and Favourites, each with shortcuts to useful services.For example, click on the "Internet" tab for Google and Skype. There's a PDF reader and dictionary under "Work" and you'll find games plus a photo manager and media player in "Play". Plus much, much more.Best of all Linux is virus-free. 2-year warranty. ASUS helpline: 0870 120 8340. White.

the 1st one is definatly much better than the original one still nott he fatest in the world but would do fine for internet browsing , the 2nd sems overpriced to me!

i assume littlewoods or similar is your only choice for purchasing??

we got the asus eee for my partner to use but she had a voucher which brought the price down to £209 which was not that much more than the usual store price. If i find the code i'll post it but i think it was a specific one for her.

Original Poster

thanks everyone for the help and advice
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …147347
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764524
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1742
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523414

See more discussions