Groups

Advice needed on scaletrix and Ipods please

Hi all, Im wanting to get my OH a scaletrix and ipod for xmas as his main pressies. Hes got a 2nd hand track which is huge!! which he bought but id like to get him decent one.PLUS his ipods ( 2nd gen) broke so i want to get that as well.
    Ok are the 3rd gen Ipods 4g any good? Ive heard VERY mixed reviews! And can anyone recommed a good CHEAP scaletrix! Ive just seen formula one micro on amazon.... dnt know what its about really lol

this is the micro one
    amazon.co.uk/Mic…1-7

this is the ipod

amazon.co.uk/New…8-3

any info would be great as im currently on amazon and dont know which to buy! LOL

12 Comments

Banned

Mega Motors are exactly the same

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

im pretty sure the track wont be compatible with what he has for the scaletrix, if i were you, i would go to a model shop or even toysrus and maybe buy a couple new cars for the track.

Original Poster

but but lol there is an ulterior motive lol the one he has now is huge, my living room is over 25ft long and all week ive tolerated my entire room being made into a ciruit!untill i tiffed and dismantled it today! about 23 ft of track! so im kinda thinking that if i get a smaller track then its a compromise lol

pcnutta

but but lol there is an ulterior motive lol the one he has now is huge, … but but lol there is an ulterior motive lol the one he has now is huge, my living room is over 25ft long and all week ive tolerated my entire room being made into a ciruit!untill i tiffed and dismantled it today! about 23 ft of track! so im kinda thinking that if i get a smaller track then its a compromise lol

lol somehow, im not sure he will see it that way. the original scaletrix is the best. The cars generally have more detail etc.

Banned

They are compatible, tried it

UltimoScorpion

They are compatible, tried it

sorry, i was referring to the micro

Original Poster

now im looking at proper scalectrix and the prices are omg
    i think he can have the micro one and be done with it! LOL
    and i might let him get his big one out at weekends!
    LOL oh my that sounds rude! LOL

Banned

shanecr

sorry, i was referring to the micro

Ahh right, soz

Nutsy, dont get the micro one, he'll not appreciate it

Original Poster

cool ive opted to just buy some accesories for his existing track, lap counter etc
    looking for some additional racing cars now

Go for a digital set, try on ebay?
    most people buy scalextric new and then after a few uses get fed up and sell it as good as new, i bought a £250 set for £60 inm october as good as new.

other wise i've seen a deal recently for the digitial ignition set at half price - mght have been argos?

good luck he'll love u and use it forever!

is for kids really

Original Poster

arnt men all big kids really ;):giggle:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767254
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions