Groups

Advice needed on upgrading Sky HD hard drive please

Hi peeps

I would like to upgrade the hard drive in my Sky HD box, can anyone please offer advice on which new drive I should buy and where from?

Is it quite easy, and are there any instructions on how to do it including transferring recordings etc?

Do I just need a hard drive, or is any other equipment or connections needed?

I would probably be looking at a 1Tb drive capacity

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

go here info download the software, it's free! and read the forums, I put a 1TB drive in mine, but can't remember which one, all the info you need is there

Original Poster

Thanks

i have downloaded the software, read the forum and ordered a hard drive

good luck

Original Poster

Oops, I have the new hard drive and 2 caddies but the new drive does not have the same connectors so I cannot connect them to the PC.

The new drive is SATA, the caddies are ATA

No SATA cables inside my PC either

Can anyone advise me what cables I need and how to get them quickly and cheaply please

can lend you a usb to sata dongle and molex converter to power the drive
    just if it goes walkies you owe me £10 to replace it
    send me a pm if you want to borrow it

Original Poster

djnaff

can lend you a usb to sata dongle and molex converter to power the … can lend you a usb to sata dongle and molex converter to power the drivejust if it goes walkies you owe me £10 to replace itsend me a pm if you want to borrow it

Thanks for the offer, at the moment I'm thinking of sending the new drive back and sticking with the original.

Although I'm not a complete technophobe, I don't want any hassle or any more expense.

I upgraded a someTivo's a few years back and it was a doddle, and hoped the 2 spare caddies would be ok

What drive did you mistakenly order so I don't make the same error? NE idea what you shuda ordered? Since I only took delivery of my box 4-days ago, is it cheaper to return it and get the right one? I'm disappointed with the standard SKY HD box. I filled it to 50% after recording only one weekend of F1 content.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72944190
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …271934
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions