Groups
    EXPIRED

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE HELP

I signed up to an 18 month contract with vodafone, ive had the phone 12 month and have rang up to find out when im due an upgrade and they said i was on a 24 month contract. I told them i signed up for 18 month but the guy on the phone said somebody rang me and asked for a £20 credit would i extend my contract to 24 month and i agreed, but the phone call never happened. I asked to listen to the call but they said im not aloud to demand things like that and i'm not aloud to listen to the call and they wont change me back down to the 18 month. What should i do?

10 Comments

Yeah phone up again and ask again, if they still say that ask to speak to a manager ir supervisor

Tell them to read the Data Protection Act lol

These people of really stupid and will try in on with people not prepared to challenge them.

Original Poster

munnski;4218924

Yeah phone up again and ask again, if they still say that ask to speak to … Yeah phone up again and ask again, if they still say that ask to speak to a manager ir supervisor

ive phoned on 6 different occasions now and every person is telling me the same thing, ive spoke to a manager and there were really nasty towards me and was calling me a lier.

Original Poster

choc1969;4218949

Tell them to read the Data Protection Act lolThese people of really … Tell them to read the Data Protection Act lolThese people of really stupid and will try in on with people not prepared to challenge them.

what do you mean? is there something in the data protection act i can use, ive tried and tried but im getting nowhere, ive told them im going to take it further but they dont seem to care.

nkje02;4218965

ive phoned on 6 different occasions now and every person is telling me … ive phoned on 6 different occasions now and every person is telling me the same thing, ive spoke to a manager and there were really nasty towards me and was calling me a lier.

Trading Standards :thumbsup:

Tell Vod you want everything in writing and that you are recording the conversations. ;-)

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;4218912

speak to someone else and cancel your contract:thumbsup:

ive said that to them and they said i have to pay £496 to cancel my contract as i want to cancel before the cantract is over.

tell them youare going to trading standards, or getting a solicitor.. which ever packs more punch (not sure)

That's bang out of order.

I had a similar thing recently with Virgin media, I left them and moved to sky but they kept sending me bills for broadband I wasn't using. I rang them and they tried to say I had agreed to it being left switched on in case I wanted to move back to them... wtf? lol. Idiots. I told them there was no way I was going to pay, they could take me to court if they wanted and that they would need some good luck finding the call where I agreed to that.

they sent me a new balance out a few days later saying £0.00... they will try it on, you have to stand your ground.

The DPA covers you. By law they have to provide you with details from their records. You want to ask them for any records of calls made to you or from you, and specifically the date and time you were contacted by them for the "offer".

Also, as a change of terms (extention of contract) was made, they should have provided you with an amendment to your contract with them. Ask them for proof of this too.

If they don't provide you with a copy of your personal data, tell them that you will take this up with the Information Commissioner. You can find details about them, and more info on Data Protenction law ]online here

What you are wanting is a Subject Access Request. You might have to do this in writing, and they have 40 days to provide you with your records. But, they may cave before you have to go that far?

You need to ring them and ask about how obtaining your account information. There is usually a charge for this approx £10 and they are allowed upto 40 days to send this to you. They will send you a form which you need to complete and send back with the money.

Hi

VF are **** in regards customer service. Got Upgrade last Feb, new N95 handset which I was adamant I wanted - wasn't gonna give in. Got it for £35pm which is what I was paying at the time. THEN received called in end March/April saying I was entitled to a extra minutes etc for £10.00 less per month. Obviously took the offer up, but called early Dec to revise my tarffit to £20pm (credit crunch) and was told I was still paying £35 :?

they reduced it to £30, then to £25 last week - currently on 500mins and UNLTD texts - Am gonna cancel in writing asap (end of July) and move to 02.. VF are *****!

BUT, iirc you can upgrade 70 days prior to contract end on a 18month one anyhoo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1834
      2. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2733
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974

See more discussions