Advice needed re wireless router with O2 Home Broadband.

I will be going on to O2 Home Broadband soon, although a router is included I was going to use a different one to the one supplied.

I have available a Belkin N Wireless router model no. F5D8236uk4 and Netgear N150 Wirless Router WNR1000. System reuirements for Belkin = Cable OR ADSL modem and for the Netgear = Cable OR DSL Modem.

Are either OR Both of these going to work with O2 (via BT line) and which would be the better of the two?

5 Comments

F5D8236uk4 the belkin is for cable conections & will not work on a telephone line

Original Poster

swingonastar;7763348

F5D8236uk4 the belkin is for cable conections & will not work on a … F5D8236uk4 the belkin is for cable conections & will not work on a telephone line

Yes it does say cable on the box but ALSO states works with ADSL likewise the Netgear also says cable and ALSO DSL, hence my confusion.:thinking:

Belkin F5Z0103UK N Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router + 4 Port Switch With Belkin N Wireless USB Adaptor

this is the one for telephone lines,

the netgear is a cable one as well ,

cable ones are just the routers as the modem is separate,

telephone line one are modem + router as the phone line has no modem,

Belkin F5D8632uk4A N1 Vision Wireless ADSL 2+ Modem Router

this is the one we had on a bt line,

we have changed to virgin media (cable) and now have this one ................................

Original Poster

swingonastar;7763456

Belkin F5Z0103UK N Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router + 4 Port Switch With … Belkin F5Z0103UK N Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router + 4 Port Switch With Belkin N Wireless USB Adaptorthis is the one for telephone lines,the netgear is a cable one as well ,cable ones are just the routers as the modem is separate,telephone line one are modem + router as the phone line has no modem,

Thanks for the info, rep given.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183418
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1533
    3. First 2 lucky people.46
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764046

See more discussions