Expired

Advice needed regarding Faulty Sofa from SCS

Found 4th May 2013
Good Afternoon.

I hope some one can help me regarding a Sofa I recently bought.

After 14 Days of receiving the Sofa I phoned SCS and complained that the Sofa Creaks very loudly and the seating is not correct compared to the other Sofa we received....Dip down so much that is impossible to stand up without assistance.

Three Weeks later they sent some one to inspect the Sofa. He agreed that the sofa seating was dipped and offered to come back at a later date and install support pads! No manufacture fault admitted though.

He really struggled identifying why it was creaking and offered to Glue the Timber frame in the area which the creak came from. He admitted that this was a manufacture fault.

I refused the Pads and Gluing and said I would like a replacement..... You would of thought he owned the company !

Any how, what is my position regarding the law? I have had the sofa for nearly six weeks now, they are so slow at responding. I am awaiting head office to call me.

Am I entitled to a replacement or do I need to accept the repair and support Pads?

Thanks..
Community Updates
17 Comments
If the sofa was delivered with faults then they have to either replace it or refund you.
never accept repairs - especially when the item is almost new

once reapirs are started the supplier can continue with repairs ad-infinitum .....

.... always demand a replacement or refund - and in this case if they cannot replace the one sofa it is reasonable that they accept both back for refund as i assume they are a matching pair

that is the law - just stand your ground

the repair man will be instructed to try and start repairs as that is the easiest option for SCS

EliTom
m8 the company are **** scs ...... **** cardboard sofas once they have your cash they dont want to know no matter what the return policy is i suggest bite the bullet and then go to reids or so next time better sofas better customer servces
Have a look at the 3rd video down the page, Click here
Thanks for the replies .....Gives me some ammunition to when Head Office ring me and tell me I should of accepted the repair (this is what the guy said who came to inspect )

I'll politely request a replacement which is fit for purpose or a full refund.....no dodgy repairs with a glue gun....
elitom

never accept repairs - especially when the item is almost newonce reapirs … never accept repairs - especially when the item is almost newonce reapirs are started the supplier can continue with repairs ad-infinitum ......... always demand a replacement or refund - and in this case if they cannot replace the one sofa it is reasonable that they accept both back for refund as i assume they are a matching pairthat is the law - just stand your groundthe repair man will be instructed to try and start repairs as that is the easiest option for SCSEliTom

Which " law " would that be ?
Inactive

Which " law " would that be ?

Sale of Goods Act 1979.
strikerman

Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Which part of the " Sale of Goods Act " states that a retailer must issue a replacement item ?
SCS you have no chance of getting a new sofa from them they are a mare. They will just keep sending someone out good luck with that!
You get what you pay for, you buy cheap you get cheap, save a little longer and get a better quality one,
Due to the item being custom built for you the act changes a little, if they rectify your issues using those fixes, as long as they don't damage the sofa or affect its quality in any way then they are legally allowed to do so. At the end of the day you will end up getting the sofa you want so I wouldn't worry too much.
Being in the trade and working for another Furniture company, The only 2 replies to listen to are from bb_savage and aircanman.
SCS are not a very good company when it comes to suites and repairs.
If you read your Invoice ( your contract ) you have agreed and signed for any and all repairs to be done to your furniture.
It sometimes happens with furniture that it does not come perfect, due to it being man made, but persevere with SCS and if you contact Trading Standards they will tell you to contact the shop and advise them that its " not fit for purpose ".
After signing the contract ( invoice ) they can offer you Repair, replacement, money back, just depends how hard you push.
SCS **** Crappy Suites. Good Luck
I actually found an insect in my leather sofa after bing admitted to hospital via an insect bite and getting blood poisoning sofa was delivered with faults then gave them the chance rectify and touch up paint was wrong colour so final engineer came told me need whole new back sides and cushion pads so told scs want full refund no more repairs after al this and also trading standards said if i paid by card then ask for it back but had to let them at least see the repair fault then refuse.
spent £2000 on leather sofas from SCS which had many faults which were repaired by them then few months later the colour began to peel on all. SCS accepted their fault it was a manufacturing fault. they could not give me a replacement coz they don't make that model anymore. they can't repair it coz they said it will cost them a lot to pick up repair then deliver. AND they said they are not giving me my money back coz I didn't report the fault in 72 hours. All they can offer is for me to come to their store and pick out other sofas for that amount. I don't like any other sofas at their store and after all this I don't want to buy from them anymore but looks like I'm gonna have to
If you purchased after Oct 2015 you can get a full refund
rtmlk

If you purchased after Oct 2015 you can get a full refund

sofas delivered april2015 but due to being delivered to wrong address by the time they arrived to my house the sofas were scratched damaged and unpacked. after MANY phone calls I manged to get a replacement. replacement arrived end of July 2015 with many faults which I got repaired. 6 months later the whole sofas are peeling due to the leather not treated properly for colouring as the engineer said sumat like that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants