Groups

Advice needed selling my website

Basically bought this website a while back and was considering selling it onwards via auction. I have never sold a website before so I would I go about it?

its called xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Its a search engine and the purpose of this website was to generate money using the affiliate marketing.
    Domain name will expire on 28th JAN 2010
    I have Hardcopy of website and proof of purchase.

So, how much should I get for it and will I even get anything for it?

Appreciate any advice thanks.

10 Comments

not a great website...the text in the bottom of the box goes over the box, and some of it doesnt line up...

The domain isn't even in alexa's top 100,000, so honestly, the domain is not really worth anything more than its renewal cost. it's not like it has millions of hits, which is what people would pay for.

I doubt you'd get anyone willing to buy it, in all honesty, but good luck!

Its OK to ask for advise but without advertising personal website.. OP amended & thanks for reporting

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;7633257

not a great website...the text in the bottom of the box goes over the … not a great website...the text in the bottom of the box goes over the box, and some of it doesnt line up...

Yeah its needs work and Im a novice at websites.

razord;7633266

The domain isn't even in alexa's top 100,000, so honestly, the domain is … The domain isn't even in alexa's top 100,000, so honestly, the domain is not really worth anything more than its renewal cost. it's not like it has millions of hits, which is what people would pay for.I doubt you'd get anyone willing to buy it, in all honesty, but good luck!

Really? Not even for a tenner? :w00t:

have you made any revenue form it? and how long you owned it?

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;7633362

have you made any revenue form it? and how long you owned it?

well I owned it since 22/08/08 and although I made the relevant affiliate accounts, I haven't actually linked them to the website - so no revenue (which seems a waste) :whistling:
    Maybe someone who knows how to do all this will receive earnings.

How much traffic does the site get?

and how much did you pay for it?!

linuxlinks;7633971

It had a few hits about 20 past three today but thats been about it over the last few months!!! :whistling:

Original Poster

linuxlinks;7633971

How can I check this?
    asayer;7634004

and how much did you pay for it?!

I paid over £100 I think
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1547
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273
      3. Spotify Family Premium share614
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***317

See more discussions