Advice needed: Sunroof leak on 3 month old used car

Posted 9th Jun
Hi all,

Need some advice. As above my dad bought a used car from a dealership. It is coming up to 3 months old but unfortunately having had heavy rain on the weekend he discovered that the headliner was damp etc. We believe the leak had come from the sliding panoramic roof.

I did go back to the dealer today and they said that they will book me in for a check on the car at another dealership.

Just want to know if this doesn’t work out what are my rights etc for the situation and if anyone else has been in a similar situation. I know HUKD is the last place to ask but seeing all the recent car deals wanted to know if anyone could just advise what to do.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
was it sold with a warranty ? sold as seen etc
Matthew_mcm09/06/2020 16:25

was it sold with a warranty ? sold as seen etc

Standard warranty. Didn’t pay for any additional warranty. And not sold as seen
Look up the car and sun roof leaks.
On most car when you open the roof their are 2 or more drain holes.
Look at this video.

youtube.com/wat…tSU
Last time I had the issue on a rover, I used a strimer cable to poke down the hole
bigwheels09/06/2020 16:45

Last time I had the issue on a rover, I used a strimer cable to poke down …Last time I had the issue on a rover, I used a strimer cable to poke down the hole

Thanks will have a look
How old is the car?
...is it a Nissan Qashqai?
Hassan7709/06/2020 20:59

3/4 years, 66 plate 2017 model

Have you checked your warranty with manufacturer in regards to corrosion?

Looked up if it’s a common fault?

It’s worth ringing/visiting a main dealer for that reason
Me.really09/06/2020 21:26

This might help you. Good …This might help you. Good luck.https://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topic/48586-leaking-panoramic-sunroof-tiguan/

Thanks going to use this as a last resort if the dealership are unsuccessful
CupN00dle09/06/2020 21:02

Have you checked your warranty with manufacturer in regards to corrosion? …Have you checked your warranty with manufacturer in regards to corrosion? Looked up if it’s a common fault?It’s worth ringing/visiting a main dealer for that reason

Yeah seems to be a common fault. Haven’t had a look had manufacture warranty as my dad has only had the car 3 months so going to see what the dealer i purchased the car from can do. If not then I’ll look at contacting the manufacturer regarding the issue. Thanks
Silicone sealant. Or some duct tape
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants