Groups

Advice needed thank you

Got an laptop 2 year ago, and paying montly.
    And just got a statement and i see that i pay 21£ for insurance ? I hear that u can claim it back? any ideas on how to, if u done it before how did u use? any advice will be welcome
    thank you

24 Comments

u needa expand a bit m8. 21 pouds...monthly...weekly.... anually? so you have been paying, or just paying? how could you not realise? how much you pay for the laptop monthly? you finished paying for it yet? cuz it been 2 years

Original Poster

gabriel2k7;7458344

u needa expand a bit m8. 21 pouds...monthly...weekly.... anually? so you … u needa expand a bit m8. 21 pouds...monthly...weekly.... anually? so you have been paying, or just paying? how could you not realise? how much you pay for the laptop monthly? you finished paying for it yet? cuz it been 2 years

have been paying 21£ a month insurance as i can see from statement ? laptop 32£ monthly, no balance left to pay 350£

Jeffry24;7458408

have been paying 21£ a month insurance as i can see from statement ? … have been paying 21£ a month insurance as i can see from statement ? laptop 32£ monthly, no balance left to pay 350£

You need to make yourself a little clearer.

The insurance wouldnt be more than the laptop if you are talking about coverplan of some kind from PC World etc.

Answer these questions and I can help you

Where did you buy it from
    How much was the laptop
    How Long have you had it for
    Is the insurance in the same payment or seperate, and how much is it actually for.

Banned

What is the insurance for exactly?

Is it to protect your monthly payments from unemployment/sickness etc?

Or is it to protect the laptop from breakdown?

If its the first and you believe that it was mis-sold then you may have a case.

If its the second - no chance.

Original Poster

aircanman;7458484

You need to make yourself a little clearer. The insurance wouldnt be more … You need to make yourself a little clearer. The insurance wouldnt be more than the laptop if you are talking about coverplan of some kind from PC World etc. Answer these questions and I can help youWhere did you buy it fromHow much was the laptopHow Long have you had it forIs the insurance in the same payment or seperate, and how much is it actually for.

currys
    799£
    2years
    separate, 21.55£

Jeffry24;7458529

currys799£2yearsseparate, 21.55£

Rite ok, if the laptop was £799, the insurance would most likely be around the £9.99 per month mark, unless you bought the older style coverplan, which is a lump sum of around £3-400, but I doubt you would still be paying for it.

Basically you need to ring them up and say you were not aware you bought this and you were conned into it and you want a refund. They may put up a fight but if you say you will write to trading standards and actually do it, with a cover letter to currys as well, they will probably back down.

Original Poster

dimebars;7458506

What is the insurance for exactly?Is it to protect your monthly payments … What is the insurance for exactly?Is it to protect your monthly payments from unemployment/sickness etc?Or is it to protect the laptop from breakdown?If its the first and you believe that it was mis-sold then you may have a case.If its the second - no chance.

i think its
    payment protection insurance

dimebars;7458506

What is the insurance for exactly?Is it to protect your monthly payments … What is the insurance for exactly?Is it to protect your monthly payments from unemployment/sickness etc?Or is it to protect the laptop from breakdown?If its the first and you believe that it was mis-sold then you may have a case.If its the second - no chance.

If its that high priced, I would think its the old style lump sum coverplan which covers accidental damage etc.

Jeffry24;7458552

i think itspayment protection insurance

PPI would not cost £21 per month. a few quid max.

Original Poster

aircanman;7458550

Rite ok, if the laptop was £799, the insurance would most likely be … Rite ok, if the laptop was £799, the insurance would most likely be around the £9.99 per month mark, unless you bought the older style coverplan, which is a lump sum of around £3-400, but I doubt you would still be paying for it. Basically you need to ring them up and say you were not aware you bought this and you were conned into it and you want a refund. They may put up a fight but if you say you will write to trading standards and actually do it, with a cover letter to currys as well, they will probably back down.

call my bank ? or currys ?
    its with HFC bank (if that helps)

Banned

Jeffry24;7458552

i think itspayment protection insurance

You think? Or you know?

Big difference - PPI would only be around 10-15% of you rmonthly replayment.

Coverplan and the like would be much higher.

Original Poster

dimebars;7458588

You think? Or you know?Big difference - PPI would only be around 10-15% … You think? Or you know?Big difference - PPI would only be around 10-15% of you rmonthly replayment.Coverplan and the like would be much higher.

on statement it say PPI - yes

Jeffry24;7458580

call my bank ? or currys ? its with HFC bank (if that helps)

Well it depends what it is!! - If you want a refund, you need to speak to currys.

Jeffry24;7458612

on statement it say PPI - yes

Rite what statement are you talking about, bank or finance statement? You may have ppi but I am quite sure it would be no more than £2-3 per month. I think the £21 is for the laptop, and the other is for the cover personally. £21 works out right over 4 years and 24 % on top.

Banned

To be honest if you were stupid enough to sign up for it in the first place at that cost and not noticed it for 2 years then you dont deserve the money back

dimebars;7458651

To be honest if you were stupid enough to sign up for it in the first … To be honest if you were stupid enough to sign up for it in the first place at that cost and not noticed it for 2 years then you dont deserve the money back

lol

Original Poster

aircanman;7458637

Rite what statement are you talking about, bank or finance statement? … Rite what statement are you talking about, bank or finance statement? You may have ppi but I am quite sure it would be no more than £2-3 per month. I think the £21 is for the laptop, and the other is for the cover personally. £21 works out right over 4 years and 24 % on top.

on HFC bank statement, i know crazy %

Original Poster

dimebars;7458651

To be honest if you were stupid enough to sign up for it in the first … To be honest if you were stupid enough to sign up for it in the first place at that cost and not noticed it for 2 years then you dont deserve the money back

im asking for help, not criticism thx

Jeffry24;7458668

on HFC bank statement, i know crazy %

Ring up currys and say you had no idea you had the PPI and the Coverplan (or pc performance protection etc) and then say you want money back.

Banned

Jeffry24;7458695

im asking for help, not criticism thx

Its taken nearly 20 posts to get any sort of credible information out of you

No info - no help!

Simples!

This may seem like a simple thing to suggest but get your receipt or agreement out and have a look at what you bought!:?

muckypup;7458737

This may seem like a simple thing to suggest but get your receipt or … This may seem like a simple thing to suggest but get your receipt or agreement out and have a look at what you bought!:?

i assumed he did not have this lol.

Banned

aircanman;7458772

i assumed he did not have this lol.

Doesn't seem to be all he doesnt have...........marbles for a start
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial56
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414088
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764334
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay614

See more discussions