Groups

Advice Needed ! Xbox 360 Related.

My 360 Console has just given me the RROD so I've just booked it up to be repaired by Microsoft. Problem is I don't particularly want ot wait 3 Weeks for it to get back to me.

So.. I was thinkg of buying an Arcade console and then selling the Core once it is repaired. How much would I be Likely to get for it Boxed with all cables etc ?

Plus how are you supposed to "Un-Register" a console if your getting rid of it ?

Thanks all,

DFN

11 Comments

A lot of people are waiting for a rumoured price drop in the 360 probably at E3 so you could end up losing more money than you think. I'd say just wait for 3 weeks and save the money for games etc :thumbsup:

i got an error message on my xbox a week ago, sorry bout this dfn but may i ask how i go about gettin it repaired by microsoft...sorry once again for askin YOU a question when u originally needed an answer urself.

you could always keep the reciept and take it back for a refund when yours turns up again. obviously this isn't exactly the most honourable thing in the world to do.

acecatcher3;2489118

i got an error message on my xbox a week ago, sorry bout this dfn but may … i got an error message on my xbox a week ago, sorry bout this dfn but may i ask how i go about gettin it repaired by microsoft...sorry once again for askin YOU a question when u originally needed an answer urself.

xbox.com/en-…rt/

hit the link on the right hand side to register and arrange a repair. there also phone numbers etc there as well.

Banned

I think you could transfer the registration to another person that you wanted the xbox 360 registered too..

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for the replys guys. Was just really thinking about it as the Arcades have the newer chipsets etc so it might last a bit longer, still not really nessasary I guess.

Think ants has answered your question ace.

DFN;2489208

Thanks for the replys guys. Was just really thinking about it as the … Thanks for the replys guys. Was just really thinking about it as the Arcades have the newer chipsets etc so it might last a bit longer, still not really nessasary I guess.Think ants has answered your question ace.

aye he has soz once again :thumbsup:

Original Poster

acecatcher3;2489226

aye he has soz once again :thumbsup:

No probs, we're all here to help.

Original Poster

Anyway, provided there's no price drop what you rekon I could pull togther for a Boxed Core, PSU, AV Cable & Memory Card ?

Cheers.

i got mine back within a week and so did my brother, they're pretty quick with fixing and sending back also UPS' tracking service is excellent so id just send it off for repair and save yourself some money

Original Poster

king261;2489453

i got mine back within a week and so did my brother, they're pretty quick … i got mine back within a week and so did my brother, they're pretty quick with fixing and sending back also UPS' tracking service is excellent so id just send it off for repair and save yourself some money

Yea, will do I think. Got the PS3 to keep me entertained untill I get it back so I shouldn't get too bored !

Thanks again guys.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions