Advice on 32" suitcase to take it on holidays please

Posted 5th Feb
Hi
I am travelling abroad on holidays and has to carry alot of stuff with me. I have got presents etc which are lighter but are taking more space. The airline weight allowance is 23 KG.
Therefore I am looking for a suitcase that's 32 inches or more and is good enough to last long. Please can u advise where to buy cheap.

long haul flight: 8 hours flight
luggage handled: air line doesn't have a good handling reputation
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
contextual detail lacking..
eBay. But cheap suitcases don’t last long.
winzzz05/02/2020 12:26

eBay. But cheap suitcases don’t last long.

Any link
B&M. I purchased one 2 years ago and still going strong. 80cm for £26.99
My B & M don't have them. Any other place?
As already requested in the first response - in what context will you be using it. Is it to sit in the back of a car on a road trip, is it for a coach holiday, thrown on the back of a donkey across a mountain range or what??? I can recommend you loads of suitcases larger then 32” but without context its hard to give advice.
ArcadeAssassin05/02/2020 13:33

As already requested in the first response - in what context will you be …As already requested in the first response - in what context will you be using it. Is it to sit in the back of a car on a road trip, is it for a coach holiday, thrown on the back of a donkey across a mountain range or what??? I can recommend you loads of suitcases larger then 32” but without context its hard to give advice.

Travelling abroad for holidays
VioletGlobe105/02/2020 13:37

Travelling abroad for holidays

What is the allowance from airline?
If it is 23 kg, you don't need 32" suitcase.

BTW, I have one similar to this.
argos.co.uk/pro…969
It is not the cheapest, but it is huge and relatively light weight. I only use it when airline allow 32 kg
Cisco06060605/02/2020 13:55

What is the allowance from airline?If it is 23 kg, you don't need 32" …What is the allowance from airline?If it is 23 kg, you don't need 32" suitcase.BTW, I have one similar to this. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4099969It is not the cheapest, but it is huge and relatively light weight. I only use it when airline allow 32 kg

23 kg. I need big suitcase as the items I am taking (presents) with me are taking more space. They are not heavy but needs a lot of space.
Edited by: "VioletGlobe1" 5th Feb
Op, you really are making this hard.
More needed.
As other member has inferred distance flown, (short / long haul) reputation of airports handlers at either end?
32 inch ? is that diagonal like a tv?
Long like a poster tube? ...thus the need for context
Hold / walk on luggage ...op, it isn't rocket science.

Budget, your cheap might not be mine / others.
are you taking soft bulky stuff or hard stuff (fragile glass etc) ....all makes a difference & TBH i'm gutted you cannot think along these lines when you are asking others to do some legwork for you!
For instance we pack glass in snowboard boots as they are hard shelled, snacks, knives, toiletries etc.
for a casual non winter kit we pack delicate glass in our clothing, the walls & fabric of the cases making a difference.

right, those are examples, now give proper details & you'll get some suggestions back more easily. (ie edit your opening statement)
lest more folk waste time second guessing you.
cheers
Mr_Gus05/02/2020 15:01

Op, you really are making this hard. More needed.

I could of replied with suggestions but have spent the afternoon taking the easy option of getting blood from a stone instead.
Which airline as many do have a maximum dimension of Length x width x depth which cannot be exceeded even if it is under the weight limit
Maybe walk on with a backpack (32-45 litre) with compressed (rolled & rubber banded clothes) to make space in pre-existing luggage for hold.
Watch out for Aerolite offers.
SJ0106/02/2020 14:51

Watch out for Aerolite offers.

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants