Groups

Advice on a book please

Banned
    Daughter wants the book "to kill a mocking bird", just looking round to order it and theres a few, does it matter which one, will they all be the same

30 Comments

Yes, they'll be the same - following the author's name, someone will have written "ever after" in biro. Every time.

is it for an exam?

because if it is you will probably need the set version approved by the exam board. they get all narky if you dont

All the books are the same Sassie - and well worth a read - its an amazing book.

Just take heed in what Mclovin said - he's right.

Original Poster Banned

No, it isnt for an exam, she was talking to her teacher about books, and teacher advised she read this one, i think it may be a bit heavy for her, but its either this or katie price - lol

Haven't got the foggiest ! Is it ''to kill a mocking bird'' Sassie ? without the How ?
    I can see what you mean there are loads on Play !!
    play.com/Boo…e=1

GCSE Versions too

Original Poster Banned

oh ****** sorry yes, its to kill not how to kill

sassie;2276886

No, it isnt for an exam, she was talking to her teacher about books, and … No, it isnt for an exam, she was talking to her teacher about books, and teacher advised she read this one, i think it may be a bit heavy for her, but its either this or katie price - lol

How old is your daughter Sassie?

As far as I know and understand they are all the same sasie

Original Poster Banned

Becksdawe;2276919

How old is your daughter Sassie?

she is 14, 15 in september

She'll be fine with that book in my opinion :thumbsup:

ah she should be able to read that book then. its GCSE level. bloody boring tho.

you could also try Of mice and Men. thats a much better read and its what i did at GCSE.

Mclovin;2276942

ah she should be able to read that book then. its GCSE level. bloody … ah she should be able to read that book then. its GCSE level. bloody boring tho.

you could also try Of mice and Men. thats a much better read and its what i did at GCSE.

My daughters both did Of mice and men at GCSE level land both enjoyed it

Mclovin;2276942

ah she should be able to read that book then. its GCSE level. bloody … ah she should be able to read that book then. its GCSE level. bloody boring tho.you could also try Of mice and Men. thats a much better read and its what i did at GCSE.

I disagree with it being boring - I really enjoyed it.

Original Poster Banned

i have found it at whsmith for and its £7 on bogof, so if anyone has a minute is there anything else that may be good for her

whsmith.co.uk/Cat…ack

Becksdawe;2276954

I disagree with it being boring - I really enjoyed it.

depends what you like. But the worse thing is HAVING to read a book for a subject.

my AS levels had to read Wuthering Heights. couldnt do it. got to chapter 6 and gave in.

lemme tell you writing an essay in an exam for a book you havent read is hard

£5.09 here Sassie if you don't find anything else with free delievery

dvd.co.uk/Boo…Y=8

Mclovin;2276942

ah she should be able to read that book then. its GCSE level. bloody … ah she should be able to read that book then. its GCSE level. bloody boring tho.you could also try Of mice and Men. thats a much better read and its what i did at GCSE.

were u in bottom set with mice and men lol cos thats what people in bottom set did at my school
    TKAM is a great read imo good choice for your daughter :thumbsup:

numptyj;2276990

were u in bottom set with mice and men lol cos thats what people in … were u in bottom set with mice and men lol cos thats what people in bottom set did at my schoolTKAM is a great read imo good choice for your daughter :thumbsup:

top set actually, got an A.
    but yeah its definately an easier read

Mclovin;2276998

top set actually, got an A.but yeah its definately an easier read

lol fair nuff i got A also
    ahh GCSES those were the days

Mclovin;2276998

top set actually, got an A.but yeah its definately an easier read

Yeah, my two where in the top set also, strange that thought it would be the same in every school

suze;2277011

Yeah, my two where in the top set also, strange that thought it would be … Yeah, my two where in the top set also, strange that thought it would be the same in every school

basically my english teacher was oldskool. so whatever she was told to do. she did somit different.

and yeahh GCSE's i miss those days!

Original Poster Banned

she is in the top set too, predicted A's across the board, must get her intelligence from her fathers side, they have that men and mice on the bogof, is it to similiar a read,

£3.75 on green metropolis, lots of copies too. I love this website, worth checking out even if you don't get it from here :
    greenmetropolis.com/sea…rch

"Whether it's the latest release or last year's bestseller, all our books sell for one unbelievably low price of £3.75 and all standard paperbacks include FREE delivery. We also pay £3.00 for every book you sell with GreenMetropolis.com. Intrigued? Then read more....

By recycling used books not only are we saving existing trees, we're actually planting new ones. How? GreenMetropolis.com donates 5p for every book sold to the 'Tree For All' campaign run by the Woodland Trust."

sassie;2277034

she is in the top set too, predicted A's across the board, must get her … she is in the top set too, predicted A's across the board, must get her intelligence from her fathers side, they have that men and mice on the bogof, is it to similiar a read,

must be from her fathers side, its simple maths MEN ARE SMARTER lol :whistling:

sassie;2277034

she is in the top set too, predicted A's across the board, must get her … she is in the top set too, predicted A's across the board, must get her intelligence from her fathers side, they have that men and mice on the bogof, is it to similiar a read,

ooo Buy one get one free. may as well go for it. see which one she likes. If shes Getting all A's probably go for To Kill a Mocking Bird according to others. my school was different as top set did Mice and Men so dno what is like where she is.

Original Poster Banned

This s not for an exam as she wont be doing that for 2 years, think the teacher just wants to encourage her to read more books, and is encouraging her to read books of better substance than she already reads

Original Poster Banned

thanks for all your help guys and dolls, but best shoot to pick little guy fom school, please feel free to add any others you think of :-)

One of the great Homer Simpson quotes:

"I swore never to read again after "To Kill a Mockingbird" gave me no useful advice on killing Mockingbirds! It did teach me not to judge a man by the color of his skin, but what good does that do me?"

Priceless:giggle:

Banned

AMAZING book....really glad I did this in English at School...

Sassie, once the books been read maybe try this: find-dvd.co.uk/823…htm brilliant film!

Original Poster Banned

A BIG THANKS guys, have ordered them both, two books for £7, again thanks for your input, she can have the jordan ones for xmas -lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?69
      2. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming11
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA89
      4. Which Kodi Add-ons?22

See more discussions