Groups

Advice on a HP Pavilion dm3-1020ea 13.3in Laptop £300

I have a chance of buying a 2 month old but pristine hardly used (plastic protective covers are still on) HP Pavilion dm3-1020ea - 13.3in for £300. (cheapest new i could find was over £500 and is currently £585 on amazon)

Always been a Mac user myself but was wondering what any PC laptop buffs out there thought about this laptop and the deal in general?

Thanks

3 Comments

its a good price if in warranty still.

Last time I saw this model on sale (back in March) it was £450 delivered on Amazon and a lesser version, without the USB DVDRW drive, was available for ~ £399 at Sainsburys.

While it is a discontinued model, it is an excellent computer and well worth £300, assuming you are after a smart looking, super slim office computer. The newer replacement models of the DM3 range all have Intel Video cards, so are in fact not as nice.

I setup 2 of these for a customer and the only complaint was the mirror-finish touchpad, which is a fingerprint magnet. The computer is light weight, surprisingly well built (for such a cheap model) and comes with slightly faster than normal 7200rpm harddrive.

Go for it, just make sure they give you the USB DVD-RW drive for it as well!

Edited by: "SUMMONER" 3rd Sep 2010

Original Poster

cheers summoner, some great info there and yes comes with external usb drive.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions