Found 20th Jun 2011
Looking to get a new laptop and was wondering if any of the masses could help me decide!

These are the ones that i have looked at:

Apple Macbook Pro (2011)

pcpro.co.uk/rev…011

Samsung series 9

reviews.cnet.co.uk/lap…17/

Sony Via S series 2011

pcpro.co.uk/rev…011

HP Envy

techradar.com/rev…iew

Would appreciate advice on what i should go for or aviod and i am also keen on any others that would be reccomeded in this price bracket.

Thanks in advance!

10 Comments

what are you going to use it for? etc

Original Poster

munaaf

what are you going to use it for? etc

surfing, photo/video processing, maybe gaming

ideally, i want something that wont age rapidly.

If you can afford it go for the Mac/pro cant go wrong and have a look at the Apple refurb site as that will save you £sssss and it will arrive like New.

Original Poster

squashy1

If you can afford it go for the Mac/pro cant go wrong and have a look at … If you can afford it go for the Mac/pro cant go wrong and have a look at the Apple refurb site as that will save you £sssss and it will arrive like New.

thanks mate, will have a look now.

The Macbook Pro will give you the least hastle/best performance/highest resale value in the long run.

Mac for gaming? Do you really need laptop? IMHO it would be better to get powerful desktop + small and light laptop with good battery (or even a tablet)... Laptops dies too easily, the powerful ones are too prone to overheating - my brother's < 1 year one Toshiba laready had this problem, my own HP is dying due to temperature (I tried repairing it but wih no luck) - it barely runs and recently WiFi card died, even my father's netbook has problems and is noisy as hell due to fans running at max speed. Think about it.

Banned

pozmu

Mac for gaming? Do you really need laptop? IMHO it would be better to get … Mac for gaming? Do you really need laptop? IMHO it would be better to get powerful desktop + small and light laptop with good battery (or even a tablet)... Laptops dies too easily, the powerful ones are too prone to overheating - my brother's < 1 year one Toshiba laready had this problem, my own HP is dying due to temperature (I tried repairing it but wih no luck) - it barely runs and recently WiFi card died, even my father's netbook has problems and is noisy as hell due to fans running at max speed. Think about it.

Good point - don't but a Toshiba or HP laptop.

Don't buy HP Pavillon with AMD CPU, they are overheating as hell. BTW my HP died finally: now it says disk read error (and disk is ok). And I forgot that my brother's Fujitsu died prematurely too... So laptops are risky business.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769604
    2. Add one, leave one game54415467
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830

See more discussions