Advice on a Nokia upgrade?

Buying a Christmas present for my Mum... Just curious as to whether to upgrade to a Nokia 6303 or C5 from a 6300 Classic? Bare in mind she has no interest in apps or anything complicated. I've heard bad things about the 6303 ringtone volume, and bad things about the C5 screen/viewing angles. Is the C5 too complex an upgrade? I think it would work out better value for money overall, but it may be pretty pointless for her needs. Anyone any suggestions?

4 Comments

I'm the same. Currently looking for a phone for my mum to upgrade from 6300. Something with decent camera and memory, but not to complicated. Just been looking at X2

I had a 6300 and was well pleased with it - excellent all-round phone. I had a look at the 6303 when it came out and it didn't seem to be enough of an improvement to make me upgrade to it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Original Poster

On her current 6300 the front face plate has came apart (somehow the glue has failed?) exposing the phones chassis, also the ear speaker no longer works, so the only way she can really take a call is with the loudspeaker activated. The phone itself is several years old, and is falling apart. An upgrade is absolutely essential at this stage.

Original Poster

anthonyt

I'm the same. Currently looking for a phone for my mum to upgrade from … I'm the same. Currently looking for a phone for my mum to upgrade from 6300. Something with decent camera and memory, but not to complicated. Just been looking at X2

Checked out the X2 myself today, can't say I liked the action of the keys, they seemed much too flat and cramped...almost spongy.

meandog101

I had a 6300 and was well pleased with it - excellent all-round phone. I … I had a 6300 and was well pleased with it - excellent all-round phone. I had a look at the 6303 when it came out and it didn't seem to be enough of an improvement to make me upgrade to it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I was considering the 6303 for just that reason... looks very similar to the 6300 so she'll know how to use it straight away. It's just with the C5 it's running the S60 and seems more feature-packed all for another tenner. However, I think this may be overkill. I'm looking to buy the best one for her.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614056
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2238
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523394
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051

See more discussions