Advice on a smart WiFi tv and which apps

Found 25th Nov 2017
Looking for a 24-32 inch smart tv that has:
- Netflix, amazon prime, bbc iplayer and the channel 4 and itv apps.

I’ve read some of them don’t have some of these apps - can anyone advise from a brand they have already that does what I want it to do? Doesn’t have to be top picture quality as it’s just for watching in bed and falling asleep! Main tv in the front room is the top quality one!
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Firestick would solve your issue
It would. As would a DVD player that had apps on it but given I’m buying a new tv for the bedroom I’d rather just one that had it all built in.
There's too many TVs to list that have these apps built in and they're not exclusive to particular brands. Best thing to do is to go to a retailer's website and filter it down so that it matches your criteria. i.e. 24-32" and has 'smart' features.

Here's an example from Currys: currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Argos (click the ones with "smart" in the description and confirm they have access to the apps you're interested in): argos.co.uk/bro…2.0

Chances are most smart TVs will have all the apps you list.
Thanks but that’s why I’m asking for experience from members that have a particular brand tv that already does all of these.

If you read the reviews for some models - for example, Sony smart TVs come up under that search but do not do channel 4 or itv, some Toshiba models don’t have access to amazon Prime...

so searching for smart doesn’t work
Edited by: "bluep" 25th Nov 2017
We have Samsung k5500 32 inch. Excellent Tv. We are away from home so not sure about channel 5 app but all the others are on it.
I’ll give you some advice. Don’t pay extra for a TV with smart features. Manufacturers discontinue comparability and they run like a bag of spanners.

Just use a fire stick as already mentioned. Far better performance, comparability and software support.
Oneday779 h, 53 m ago

I’ll give you some advice. Don’t pay extra for a TV with smart features. Ma …I’ll give you some advice. Don’t pay extra for a TV with smart features. Manufacturers discontinue comparability and they run like a bag of spanners. Just use a fire stick as already mentioned. Far better performance, comparability and software support.

Do you keep saying comparability instead of compatibility?

'Smart' TV's are a gimmick and they've managed to make everyone think that's what they need to buy when having a new TV. Just buy a FireStick, much better.
Edited by: "icecreamwoman" 26th Nov 2017
icecreamwoman2 h, 20 m ago

Do you keep saying comparability instead of compatibility?'Smart' TV's are …Do you keep saying comparability instead of compatibility?'Smart' TV's are a gimmick and they've managed to make everyone think that's what they need to buy when having a new TV. Just buy a FireStick, much better.

Autocorrect and no proof reading make it comparable to laziness which isn’t compatible with a public forum
To be honest, they are so cheap that it would be harder to find a tv for the bedroom that isn’t smart. I’m not replacing/upgrading an old tv...I don’t have one in there.

So might as well identify one that has the apps I want at the moment than mess about with adding peripherals. Sounds like Samsung are worth looking at from the comment above.
Edited by: "bluep" 26th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants