Groups

Advice on a TV needed...

I have found the Panasonic P37X20B new for slightly over £250 online but don't want to post it as a deal since there's only one left in stock.

Our house currently has a 28" LG CRT that we're looking to replace for around £300.

Buy or no buy?

15 Comments

Good price for a branded 37" PLASMA but it's only hd ready...

Original Poster

Guyver

How much will that matter at that screen size - We have no desire to jump onto the blu-ray bandwagon just yet - WAY too many dvds in our house

Buy Panasonic plasma are great plus you only can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p at that size.

Guyver

Will be absolutely fine for watching HD programs at that size

tomwatts

How much will that matter at that screen size - We have no desire to jump … How much will that matter at that screen size - We have no desire to jump onto the blu-ray bandwagon just yet - WAY too many dvds in our house

I'm not too sure tbh, but i'm also after a tv... comparing it to the recent 42" lg deal @ 337.. its a good price. the cheapest branded 37" from a reputable retailer with at least a year warranty i can find is £285 on that bases it's a good deal i think :).
    Edited by: "Guyver" 3rd Mar 2011

deanos

Will be absolutely fine for watching HD programs at that size

Wasn't trying to point out that plasma is a bad thing. I believe Plasma is better then lcd for bigger sized screens :).

Original Poster

Guyver

I'm not too sure tbh, but i'm also after a tv... comparing it to the … I'm not too sure tbh, but i'm also after a tv... comparing it to the recent 42" lg deal @ 337.. its a good price. the cheapest branded 37" from a reputable retailer with at least a year warranty i can find is £285 on that bases it's a good deal i think :).

Wheres that at then?

pm'd you

Original Poster

In response - having looked further they're pretty much the same apart from freeview hd - depends how important it is to you...

Good price, but what with the fall in price of 3D it is an absolute certainty that the same will happen with LCD/Plasma (otherwise at some point they will be the same price)

I'd give it a little wait.

jonny619447

Good price, but what with the fall in price of 3D it is an absolute … Good price, but what with the fall in price of 3D it is an absolute certainty that the same will happen with LCD/Plasma (otherwise at some point they will be the same price)I'd give it a little wait.

Yeh in the end iv'e decided to wait it out as there is defo going to be a drop !
    Edited by: "Guyver" 4th Mar 2011

Original Poster

Original TV I quoted is now down to £213 - time to buy it?

Original Poster

Yes? No?

google.co.uk/pro…=nf

Are you sure the one you are looking at is on a legit site?

Original Poster

Yes - it's off a very well known site - I'll buy it knight and say where after then like I said - one left in stock
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32160
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846220
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764317

See more discussions