Groups

Advice On Broadband Only Options..............

My parents in law have been asking my advice on connecting to the internet. They are both deaf, and used to have a phone line with BT for their minicom but stopped that about a year ago as they were mostly using their mobile phones to contact friends and family. I just wondered if anyone had experience of broadband only connections and wether they would have to re-connect with BT first? Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

They would need a working phone line for ADSL broadband. Although if in their area they could get Virgin Media Cable Broadband.

Original Poster

Syzable

They would need a working phone line for ADSL broadband. Although if in … They would need a working phone line for ADSL broadband. Although if in their area they could get Virgin Media Cable Broadband.

Thats what I thought. I will have a look around to see what the best connection is for their area. Thankyou very much for your reply.

this site will list providers (enter postcode) at your exchange!

samknows.com/bro…ker
    Edited by: "kronas" 9th Oct 2010

Original Poster

kronas1 person likes this

this site will list providers (enter postcode) at your … this site will list providers (enter postcode) at your exchange!http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Thanks for the info.

Depending on their useage a dongle might be an option?

Original Poster

jtx

Depending on their useage a dongle might be an option?

Im not really very well informed on that! Do you know the ins and outs of using a dongle for broadband and where to buy from? Thanks very much.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764539
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …225668
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1625
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614121

See more discussions