Advice on buying a hybrid bike

Posted 24th Apr
Got a good link to a nice bike on a post but just wondering if anyone else has any further opinion so I can weigh up some options.

Budget of around £650, could be increased if its a real difference maker.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
It all depends what your planning to use it for? My hybrid is a cheap & cheerful carrera as its just for short trips exercise ect ect.
My road bike is a different kettle of fish full carbon, ultegra as when I'm out of that I'm doing some serious miles so it's worth spending a little extra if you can.
davzzp24/04/2020 23:44

It all depends what your planning to use it for? My hybrid is a cheap & …It all depends what your planning to use it for? My hybrid is a cheap & cheerful carrera as its just for short trips exercise ect ect. My road bike is a different kettle of fish full carbon, ultegra as when I'm out of that I'm doing some serious miles so it's worth spending a little extra if you can.

Mainly biking to work and back once my place opens again but currently be able to use it for decent length bike rides on varied tarmac surfaces. Did have a road bike but where I now live you feel every pebble in the road
i would recommend a hybrid bike for your needs, very universal and probably went for second hand one for £100-150 you will not see the difference from the new one
Monkey_News25/04/2020 09:35

Mainly biking to work and back once my place opens again but currently be …Mainly biking to work and back once my place opens again but currently be able to use it for decent length bike rides on varied tarmac surfaces. Did have a road bike but where I now live you feel every pebble in the road

You can't really go wrong with a subway I've had mine 5yrs still going strong I would say the subway 2 has a slightly better groupset but only available in a small frame at the mo
halfords.com/bik…tml
I did buy an old model at the time so only payed about £200.
If you want something a more of a premium brand this is nice this is the same groupset as the subway 2
cyclerepublic.com/voo…tml.

The thing with bikes is its very much personal preference there's nothing better than sitting on one and getting the feel for it.
Edited by: "davzzp" 25th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions