Groups

Advice On Buying A Netbook/Laptop

Were going to get rid of Old Computer + Laptop and buy a new one, but I'm not that techy when it comes to buying Laptops/Netbooks!

So what is the best one for Family use (surfing, email, webcam, mic, and quite fast for running programs, easy to use running system)

Budget is around £400, the less money the better lol!

Thanks HUKD'ers

6 Comments

Don't bother with a netbook if it's for family use - stick with a laptop.

Original Poster

cis_groupie

Don't bother with a netbook if it's for family use - stick with a laptop.

Why?

Because a laptop is better for family use.

keep the old PC and Laptop and save yourself £400.00...
    buy a new one when one of them dies.

Netbooks are very small and lightweight so useful for commuting etc. but they are also very underpowered compared to a regular laptop and have such a small screen its generally not so useful. Look for a decent dual-core 14" or 15" laptop for day to day use; something with an i3 core is a good start.

You could always go to google.co.uk & type in "should i buy a netbook or laptop" and then read any of the 48,700,000 results. Admittedly, not all of them will be balanced and impartial, but there should be at least 2 or 3 articles worth reading.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bearded chat714
      2. One for the mathmaticians2948
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691426
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767494

See more discussions