Groups

Advice on buying an entry level DSLR

I'm looking to buy my first DSLR, going from your average point and shoot camera. I've had a wee look online about what I should be looking for in a camera but I'm still scratching my head a bit.

Can anyone offer advice on what I should be looking for, or which camera is a good entry level DSLR for beginners? I don't wanna spend an arm and a leg for it either.

Also could anyone recommend somewhere in the Glasgow area that are pretty good for DSLRs? Would like to get my hands on one first so I can see what they are like.

3 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I've got a Canon EOS 1000D anbd love it, fantastic camera, got it from … I've got a Canon EOS 1000D anbd love it, fantastic camera, got it from canon ebay store was like £100 less than retail.

That was one of the ones I had seen. Is it fairly straight forward to get to grips with? How much did you pay for it?

Bora Horza

That was one of the ones I had seen. Is it fairly straight forward to get … That was one of the ones I had seen. Is it fairly straight forward to get to grips with? How much did you pay for it?

I have one for sale in next couple of weeks.

Only taken 1,500 pics with it. Great camera! Keep an eye on the FS/FT threads. Wouldn't be looking for more than £300 for the body, lens, bag etc

Original Poster

Thanks for the info people!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2971040
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33178
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1124
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764571

See more discussions