Advice on buying binoculars?

Found 22nd Dec 2017
Looking for a cheap (sub-£20) pair of small, lightweight binoculars for taking travelling, mainly for city use or landscape views rather than nature/birds etc, will be used by the kids as well.
Looking on Amazon Prime for pre-Christmas delivery which narrows down the choice considerably!
Anything that I should be looking for or avoiding in the specs? Not really something I know anything about, but a spontaneous stocking filler as another item hasn't arrived. Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I wouldn't expect Amazon to deliver anything before Christmas, even if they say they will. Real-world shops are your only reliable option at this point.
Suspect it will be £20 wasted. Bins need to be tried. Depends on many factors inc whether the user wears glasses. £20 bins unlikely to be any good but you could try Argos
You'll need to spend a bit more if you want a clear view of these 'birds' you like to look at

Oyyy oyy!
Original Poster
dxx22nd Dec

I wouldn't expect Amazon to deliver anything before Christmas, even if …I wouldn't expect Amazon to deliver anything before Christmas, even if they say they will. Real-world shops are your only reliable option at this point.

Got them today, just in time!

Went for these in the end - probably not great but I went for them solely based on the low price and decent reviews. Not really needing anything great, but we often have great views from hotel rooms and it would be nice to be able to see a bit more detail. I'm sure my husband will probably partake in a bit of 'bird watching' around the pool!

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
Edited by: "panddda" 24th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants