Advice on buying toilet for downstairs toilet

Posted 5th Jun
We are having our downstairs toilet tiled and are buying a new toilet.

Where is the best price to purchase online?

Also, what is the difference between a cheap toilet and an expensive toilet?

All advice gratefully received
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
get a cholostomat, best thing you’ll do
diy.com/ide…art this article explains different types of toilets, and as for price, it’ll come down to quality and any additional features you may want from that of an average toilet.
If it’s only for a cloakroom, I’d recommend going for a compact one, which’ll give you more room to manoeuvre.
i bought one from plumbworld a few months ago. they seem to be decent price and good quality.

i did have the same question as you as to what is the difference between an expensive unit and a cheap bog standard one, and the answer is that they look very different. the quality of the ceramic / porcelain is noticeable as well the weight. i find the more expensive units are heavier and so are more stable.

the push button flush can also feel cheap on the cheaper units and won't last as long before they need to be replaced.
ChelseaRae05/06/2020 16:44

https://www.diy.com/ideas-advice/toilet-toilet-seat-buying-guide/PROD_npcart_100315.art this article explains different types of toilets, and as for price, it’ll come down to quality and any additional features you may want from that of an average toilet.

Oh I forgot you had to install a downstairs toilet to make your incontinence easier to manage didn’t you CeeCee
You can get the ventilation built into the flush if it's a compact area, also try to get as much 'built inside' the walls, and figure out where you need your shelving so you can just do it all in one go.
Have you considered a toilet with a basin in the top of the cistern.
BluebirdRobin05/06/2020 18:31

You can get the ventilation built into the flush if it's a compact area, …You can get the ventilation built into the flush if it's a compact area, also try to get as much 'built inside' the walls, and figure out where you need your shelving so you can just do it all in one go.

You're right, I can never do it all in one go.
Difference between a cheap toilet and an expensive one is the cost
Get one with big hole, less mess to clean
Post a comment
@
    Text