Groups

Advice on Digital Cameras & iPods requested please!

Hi all,

Am still very new to this forum but it appears on the whole that people on here can be very helpful

I'm looking to buy a digitl camera - however with soooooooo many available, I'm not really sure what I should go for as I don't have much techy knowledge on cameras so I don't know what features are best etc.

I'm thinking of spending approx £80-£100 and it will only really be used for holidays, nights out and a couple of upcoming weddings. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Am also looking to buy an ipod for use mainly in the car as we both have shuffles for the gym etc. Am thinking of either the 80gb or the 160gb - is it worth paying the extra for the 160gb?

Any advice on either of these items would be much appreciated - thanks.

8 Comments

Am thinking of either the 80gb or the 160gb - is it worth paying the … Am thinking of either the 80gb or the 160gb - is it worth paying the extra for the 160gb?

That will all depend on your music collection i guess. Can you see yourself filling it up in the lifetime of the player?

£99.99 Casio EXZ18SR 8MP Camera - Silver -ARGOS
    £99.99 Canon Powershot A560 7MP Digital Camera. -ARGOS
    £79.99 Kodak Easyshare M753 7MP Digital Camera -ARGOS

Hope this helps

Original Poster

I'm not sure really!! Have just had a quick look at my CD's and I have less than 100 albums......

.... think I've answered my own question there - I don't think I'll need 40,000 tracks!

Original Poster

Tiswas;1833054

£99.99 Casio EXZ18SR 8MP Camera - Silver -ARGOS£99.99 … £99.99 Casio EXZ18SR 8MP Camera - Silver -ARGOS£99.99 Canon Powershot A560 7MP Digital Camera. -ARGOS£79.99 Kodak Easyshare M753 7MP Digital Camera -ARGOSHope this helps

I'll have a look - thank you

Original Poster

Tiswas;1833054

£99.99 Casio EXZ18SR 8MP Camera - Silver -ARGOS£99.99 … £99.99 Casio EXZ18SR 8MP Camera - Silver -ARGOS£99.99 Canon Powershot A560 7MP Digital Camera. -ARGOS£79.99 Kodak Easyshare M753 7MP Digital Camera -ARGOSHope this helps

Am really liking the casio - am very grateful for your help, thanks - rep added :thumbsup:

i'm on my second canon powershot and i think they are excellent. they're not slim like some cameras available but have better than usual zoom (4x optical) and take normal AA batteries (obviously use rechargeables) but this means if you run out of juice away from home it is much easier to get batteries and carry on snapping.

the other good thing about the powershot range is that they allow for manual settings as well as the usual automatic settings, so if you do get into photography you don't need to go out and buy a SLR straight away.

there were some cashback deals by canon on the powershot range, not sure if they are still available.

check out a few review sites, [url]www.cameras.co.uk[/url] and dpreview.co.uk are decent.

Have a look at ]LINK for reviews and sample pictures.

Banned

It might be an idea to see if Canon have one of their Bank holiday cashback deals in the next 2 bank holidays. When they do, you will get the best deal available - and for a top camera its its price range.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764539
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …225668
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1625
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614121

See more discussions