Groups

Advice on Ebay item I've sent to a buyer

I posted an item via recorded delivery to a buyer to the Paypal address the payment was received. I entered the Royal Mail tracking info on the Paypal payment as usual.

The buyer has e-mailed me saying me he's still waiting for the item. I checked the status of the item via Royal Mail track and trace online and someone who's a completely different nationality from the buyer has signed for it.

Am I covered as a seller if the buyer files a dispute as this is a potential scam waiting to happen?

23 Comments

the buyer has to claim through royal mail

Banned

You can prove delivery to the address that paypal gave you, you will be covered.

It's down to the buyer to find out who signed for it at his address, or where RM delivered it, harsh but true, so many people now trying it on with sellers who don't know the system , thinking even if they have proof of delivery they will refund, it's happening more often.

How do you know his nationality is different:thinking:

he signed with a false name.

dcx_badass;8083263

The sender has to claim from RM not the receiver.

i have always been told by sellers it was down to me to claim, the lying gits

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8083269

Because the buyer had an Asian name and the person who signed for it was English.

As Tinks said .As long as you have proof it was delivered to the Paypal address you are covered ,There is no need for anubody to claim from RM if the parcel was delivered.

IWannaBeAdored;8083305

Because the buyer had an Asian name and the person who signed for it was … Because the buyer had an Asian name and the person who signed for it was English.

I wouldnt mention that if i was you, It doesnt matter who signed for it as long as they were at that address,

tinkerbell28;8083269

Was thinking the same ? Did he sign it 'Marco from Poland' or something ?

Anyway like has been said, as long as you can prove delivery to the confirmed address then you are covered. This happened to me a few weeks back now. I sent the guy a rather abrupt email saying i had proof it was delivered and to check with his mum incase she had it lol ! Never heard back from the guy until 2 months or so later when he left me feedback. He did try a fast one but i had proof it was delivered a day after sending it... more to the point he knew aswell. Perhaps if i had buckled or something and said 'oh thats strange etc... i dont know whats happened' then he would of taken it further... so just be straight, say its been delivered to confirmed address and now its down to him to find it in the house. Youve upheld your side of the contract.

Banned

IWannaBeAdored;8083305

Because the buyer had an Asian name and the person who signed for it was … Because the buyer had an Asian name and the person who signed for it was English.

That dosen't mean the guy was a different nationality! People with asian names can also be English, born and bred. Anyway that aside it's down to him to find out who signed for it, you can prove you delivered it.

as said, if you send to a pypal address and there is a signature/proof of delivery you have no worry. It's none of your responsibility who signed it.

For me, I ALWAYS save an RM signature of delivery in pdf form as an added measure. Just in case RM web suddenly fails.

Who cares? You got the delivery address from PayPal, its not your fault he may have provided wrong details..

As long as you send it to the address shown in Paypal you will be covered, all Paypal check when there is a dispute is the tracking number and the item has been deliver to the correct postcode or house number, doesnt matter who signed

I don't think it's quite so clear cut. About two years ago my Auntie sent an item via special delivery and had proof of delivery etc. The buyer claimed to have not received it. To cut a long story short Paypal sided with the buyer even with proof of delivery, simply because the buyer said that the signature did not belong to anybody in the household.

Paypal may have changed T&C's since then but just a cautionary tale really, be aware you may end up out of pocket, as Royal mail are not going to refund you when they have prrof of delivery.

Banned

silkymolo;8083513

I don't think it's quite so clear cut. About two years ago my Auntie sent … I don't think it's quite so clear cut. About two years ago my Auntie sent an item via special delivery and had proof of delivery etc. The buyer claimed to have not received it. To cut a long story short Paypal sided with the buyer even with proof of delivery, simply because the buyer said that the signature did not belong to anybody in the household.Paypal may have changed T&C's since then but just a cautionary tale really, be aware you may end up out of pocket, as Royal mail are not going to refund you when they have prrof of delivery.

It's all changed since then, it only gets complicated like that if it's over £150.

tinkerbell28;8083545

It's all changed since then, it only gets complicated like that if it's … It's all changed since then, it only gets complicated like that if it's over £150.

Fair enough, just thought it was worth a mention

You should be fine as you have proof of delivery. I sold something a couple of weeks ago on ebay and sent it recorded. Then the buyer sends me an email saying that its not the same as the picture and wants to send it back. It was a used wii game and was the exact same as the picture because it was a picture of the bloomin game! Ive since refunded but still getting abusive emails from buyer threatening to report me if i dont send them more money!! I hate ebay sometimes. Im going to get a neg to spoil my 930 100% feedback and all for nothing. Gits

pinkkitty2007;8084229

You should be fine as you have proof of delivery. I sold something a … You should be fine as you have proof of delivery. I sold something a couple of weeks ago on ebay and sent it recorded. Then the buyer sends me an email saying that its not the same as the picture and wants to send it back. It was a used wii game and was the exact same as the picture because it was a picture of the bloomin game! Ive since refunded but still getting abusive emails from buyer threatening to report me if i dont send them more money!! I hate ebay sometimes. Im going to get a neg to spoil my 930 100% feedback and all for nothing. Gits

Dont be putting up with that. Contact ebay and tell them the situation. You were kind enough to refund the game and now they are blackmailing you. Contact them and get idiots like that banned!

cbryanp;8084307

Dont be putting up with that. Contact ebay and tell them the situation. … Dont be putting up with that. Contact ebay and tell them the situation. You were kind enough to refund the game and now they are blackmailing you. Contact them and get idiots like that banned!

Ive just done that now but dont think it will make much difference. She has very low feedback and when i looked at feedback she has left for others, its mostly negs and for similar items. I hate it when you get scammer trying to rip you off on ebay. Ive had so many bad experiences trying to sell mobile phones that i wouldnt ever use ebay to sell one again

Original Poster

I have proof of delivery. Have the receipt with the barcode and the destination postcode and house number from the paypal payment (which is the same address on the order page of Ebay).

The buyer thinks that I'm liable. I've told him to sort out the issue with his local sorting office.

Banned

IWannaBeAdored;8083305

are you seriously suggesting that people with foreign names cannot be English?:-D

Anyway, you sent to the paypal address and have proof of delivery. Entirely buyers problem now :thumbsup:

pinkkitty2007;8084523

Ive just done that now but dont think it will make much difference. She … Ive just done that now but dont think it will make much difference. She has very low feedback and when i looked at feedback she has left for others, its mostly negs and for similar items. I hate it when you get scammer trying to rip you off on ebay. Ive had so many bad experiences trying to sell mobile phones that i wouldnt ever use ebay to sell one again

I don't think Ebay let the buyer leave negative feedback anymore if you have sent the item with recorded and it has been delivered,

I hate Ebay a lot as well, I was once bought a phone and was sent with empty box, still Special Delivery as well. Went through hell but sorted out in the end as contact my credit card company to claim it back as fraud, has to involve police as well.

Banned

heovang;8085314

I don't think Ebay let the buyer leave negative feedback anymore if you … I don't think Ebay let the buyer leave negative feedback anymore if you have sent the item with recorded and it has been delivered,I hate Ebay a lot as well, I was once bought a phone and was sent with empty box, still Special Delivery as well. Went through hell but sorted out in the end as contact my credit card company to claim it back as fraud, has to involve police as well.

I doubt feedback is that complex that it doesn't allow feedback in that manner

however, you should be able to get a retraction.

csiman;8085440

I doubt feedback is that complex that it doesn't allow feedback in that … I doubt feedback is that complex that it doesn't allow feedback in that mannerhowever, you should be able to get a retraction.

hahahha..you are always on my case..that's somewhat the procedure is..lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER44
      2. Virgin Media when moving house58
      3. Digital ps4 games11
      4. Android Box539

See more discussions