Groups

Advice on For Sale/trade

I sold something on here and was asked to post first due to my low feedback. My original price was £12 and I was haggled down to £11. I posted the item as on the day as me and the buyer agreed. I expected the postage to cost me around £3 but it ended up costing £4.45.

The buyer has recieved the item, but now wants to re-negotiate the price because he feels cheated, although he stated everything is fine. Im waiting for a response on why he has been cheated. I put my turst in him to pay on reciept. Im not prepared to haggle as the price was clearly agreed in PM's on here etc.

What can I do? I know theres no policing involved on this & its all trust but can this be taken up with Mods etc??

72 Comments

he needs to pay the amount agreed, if he refuses get what amount you can and leave a big fat neg warning others

wait to see what the seller is unhappy about first, if its within reason take it from there
    if u feel after thier reason they are taking the mick then u should stand firm

or you must have the address......

which thread was it?

muffin247;6190928

wait to see what the seller is unhappy about first, if its within reason … wait to see what the seller is unhappy about first, if its within reason take it from thereif u feel after thier reason they are taking the mick then u should stand firm

he stated everything is working fine

Original Poster

the guy has around 5k posts aswell so he seemed trustworthy and his feedback was 25+. cant believe someone feels cheated over something thats £11!!

Mods wont do nowt, waste of space.

I assume you did follow the rules regarding getting a phone number/details etc ?

If so, tell the buyer the price was set, and if they still moan, take them to a small claims court.

If you agreed at £11 (regardless of what the postage DID cost you), then you should only expect £11 back !

cant really say more until buyer states why they are unhappy

That'ell teach ya:roll: you want do that again or will you :thinking:

Banned

Im not prepared to haggle as the price was clearly agreed in PM's on here

im asuming this deal was done on the boards? remember to keep everything in the open on the thread in question

which thread was it???

or did you deal via PM??

Original Poster

just checked, ive dealt via PM as he bagered me via that channel. he feels cheated cos he could of got one cheaper elsewhere on here, but after agreeing with me....

the thread was originally here, but he latched on to my reply after original OP didnt want it hotukdeals.com/ite…045

you got his address why dont we all pop round and give him a nudge

lanc_red;6191013

just checked, ive dealt via PM as he bagered me via that channel. he … just checked, ive dealt via PM as he bagered me via that channel. he feels cheated cos he could of got one cheaper elsewhere on here, but after agreeing with me....the thread was originally here, but he latched on to my reply after original OP didnt want it http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/463740/wanted-dual-layer-drive/?p=6070045#post6070045

rule number one - NEVER trade in PM

I would, however, name and shame the person :whistling:

lanc_red;6191013

just checked, ive dealt via PM as he bagered me via that channel. he … just checked, ive dealt via PM as he bagered me via that channel. he feels cheated cos he could of got one cheaper elsewhere on here, but after agreeing with me....the thread was originally here, but he latched on to my reply after original OP didnt want it http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/463740/wanted-dual-layer-drive/?p=6070045#post6070045

i see he was eager to get it for £8, but you was in the wrong for dealing via PM not sure but dont think you will be able to neg as there is no acceptance of sale in that thread

Banned

as there is no proof of anything on the boards, then i dont know what you expect anyone to do

met-cast you bad bad man

Original Poster

bassman_uk;6191036

rule number one - NEVER trade in PMI would, however, name and shame the … rule number one - NEVER trade in PMI would, however, name and shame the person :whistling:

yeh maybe ive learnt a lesson here, hes now offering me the postage only back. name & shame will be soon....

lanc_red;6191052

yeh maybe ive learnt a lesson here, hes now offering me the postage only … yeh maybe ive learnt a lesson here, hes now offering me the postage only back. name & shame will be soon....

So he wants to keep the item, and just offering you the postage you paid?

lanc_red;6191052

yeh maybe ive learnt a lesson here, hes now offering me the postage only … yeh maybe ive learnt a lesson here, hes now offering me the postage only back. name & shame will be soon....

what? he wants to keep item and only pay for postage???:roll:
    said person should know better

Well at least you'll never deal via pm again and I'm now sure a lot of people will now avoid using met cast on the fs/ft board, myself included.

Obtaining items by deception, me thinks. As you have the name and address, i would pop round to the Police to sort this matter out if you get no joy

well thats one name to remember not to deal with

ilovepink;6191101

well thats one name to remember not to deal with

+1

but do we know it's that member for sure?

ants97;6191092

Well at least you'll never deal via pm again and I'm now sure a lot of … Well at least you'll never deal via pm again and I'm now sure a lot of people will now avoid using met cast on the fs/ft board, myself included.

not just that board, its bad enough people just signing up to sell stuff/rip off people but when its a community member it leaves a rotten taste in the mouth:x

Banned

lanc_red;6191013

hey guys before you start naming met cast, he was the op:roll:

Original Poster

issue potentially now resolved...im just waiting for the full amount now.

Original Poster

sassie;6191119

hey guys before you start naming met cast, he was the op:roll:

yeh sorry i got muddled on this as there was another user after it aswell, still OP & myself should have obeyed rules & openly posted before taking to PM

lanc_red;6191136

yeh sorry i got muddled on this as there was another user after it … yeh sorry i got muddled on this as there was another user after it aswell, still OP & myself should have obeyed rules & openly posted before taking to PM

So was it Met-Cast or another member? I'm lsot :?

Name & shame anyway so we know who to avoid.

Just so you know you're not actually allowed to leave feedback now.

dontdothatagain;6191145

So was it Met-Cast or another member? I'm lsot :?

^^this and if it turns out not to be met cast then he'll be firmly back off my ones to avoid list with a little apology.

you gotta tell us its the LAW

looks like it was met-cast,

I know he has been enquiring about 360 stuff, I've helped him out a lot in his endless threads about flashing, being a n00b on anything 360, and it sounds like he wanted to save another few quid (best 360 drives 216DBK are only 15 quid NEW!!)..

Met-Cast -- Why do you feel you have been cheated??

Original Poster

buyer feels cheated cos he could have got a better drive for a £1 more. the specs were posted in OP and after agreeing the price with me someone posted a better drive.

met-cast you loser, time you were suspended for this little stunt

lanc_red;6191222

buyer feels cheated cos he could have got a better drive for a £1 more. … buyer feels cheated cos he could have got a better drive for a £1 more. the specs were posted in OP and after agreeing the price with me someone posted a better drive.

so who is it?

lanc_red;6191222

buyer feels cheated cos he could have got a better drive for a £1 more. … buyer feels cheated cos he could have got a better drive for a £1 more. the specs were posted in OP and after agreeing the price with me someone posted a better drive.

who god damn it who!!!!!

ilovepink;6191240

who god damn it who!!!!!

you stalking me tonight :whistling:

Original Poster

will post 'buyer' name if not paid by tomorrow.

lanc_red;6191252

....... blackmail........:w00t:

lanc_red;6191252

you should say as your not allowed to leave feedback you need to warn others :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764176
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846147
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891820
      4. word association Game72744167

See more discussions