advice on freesat

Posted 26th Nov
so my TV has input for satellite, but not the software to put normal channel numbers so been looking at Freesat boxes just to watch TV, I already have everything else for apps.

so I found two models and wonder which one best.

Humax HB-1000S

and the Manhattan sx
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Humax all the way
but a choice between these model, I noticed the hb 1000s is not WiFi, and the sx seems more updated.

humax is better brand but I am looking at older model
Humax have stopped making Freesat boxes - but the current non-recording box is the HB-1100S - the 1000s is the previous model.

The Humax will do catch up TV (BBC/ITV(STV)/5 etc, but NOT Channel 4), the Manhattan only does Freesat without catch up.

I've got a Humax recorder, and the Manhattan SX but for just watching TV, there's not much in it.

Third gen Freesat boxes are due before the end of year, but Freesat wouldn't confirm dates the least time I asked.
alg26/11/2019 10:16

Humax have stopped making Freesat boxes - but the current non-recording …Humax have stopped making Freesat boxes - but the current non-recording box is the HB-1100S - the 1000s is the previous model.The Humax will do catch up TV (BBC/ITV(STV)/5 etc, but NOT Channel 4), the Manhattan only does Freesat without catch up.I've got a Humax recorder, and the Manhattan SX but for just watching TV, there's not much in it. Third gen Freesat boxes are due before the end of year, but Freesat wouldn't confirm dates the least time I asked.

like I said I have PS4, Nvidia shield, and of course TV has smart apps, there just want to watch normal tv without channels being all messed up and different,so I found a cheap second hand sx box for 22 quid
Pricklerickle26/11/2019 10:21

like I said I have PS4, Nvidia shield, and of course TV has smart apps, …like I said I have PS4, Nvidia shield, and of course TV has smart apps, there just want to watch normal tv without channels being all messed up and different,so I found a cheap second hand sx box for 22 quid

Nope - can't seen any mention of PS4, Shield etc.

What TV is it - modern LG tv's support Freesat, but don't have the cable connected, as I have dual input for the Humax, and no 3rd cable for the TV?
Edited by: "alg" 26th Nov
alg26/11/2019 10:26

Nope - can't seen any mention of PS4, Shield etc. What TV is it - …Nope - can't seen any mention of PS4, Shield etc. What TV is it - modern LG tv's support Freesat, but don't have the cable connected, as I have dual input for the Humax, and no 3rd cable for the TV?

sorry I meant I have other device for apps, when I put I got apps

it's a Phillips,it has sat tuner just not the software so it's a jumble of mess of channels,not very fluid and bunch of different numbers
Pricklerickle26/11/2019 10:39

sorry I meant I have other device for apps, when I put I got appsit's a …sorry I meant I have other device for apps, when I put I got appsit's a Phillips,it has sat tuner just not the software so it's a jumble of mess of channels,not very fluid and bunch of different numbers

Thought it was a pretty basic settings option to edit your channel list in all tv's?
Edited by: "jco83" 26th Nov
jco8326/11/2019 11:53

Thought it was a pretty basic settings option to edit your channel list in …Thought it was a pretty basic settings option to edit your channel list in all tv's?

not sure but lot of messing around for 200 channel's and program guide is horrible, plus e4 not working now so probably needs a rescan, e4 plus one works, so more changing stuff
Can't you just use an old sky box
ding26/11/2019 11:55

Can't you just use an old sky box

don't have a sky box, moved in , just have satilete,
The sat input for tv is for freesat, once you connect the satalite cable to tv you tune your tv useing the satalite option. You should not need anything else.
devshib26/11/2019 14:09

The sat input for tv is for freesat, once you connect the satalite cable …The sat input for tv is for freesat, once you connect the satalite cable to tv you tune your tv useing the satalite option. You should not need anything else.

mine just has the tuners, it doesn't have free sat EPG, probably licence cost etc, it has just has now and next EPG for free sat, has proper epg for Ariel
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants