Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice on HD Gaming

Im after some advice really if anyone can help me,

im after a HD system for the PS3 when i finally get one, but i can get some cheap PC stuff at xmas thorugh work, so have a good chance to get it set up before i get a PS3.

Ive tried posting on some more technical forums but cant seem to get a decent answer so thought I try here as well.

So rather fork out for a new HDTV that does 1080 HD, i thought i could get away with getting a new computer and a better monitor.

so dell do this one:-

accessories.euro.dell.com/sna…234accessories.euro.dell.com/sna…mp; amp;cs=ukdhs1&sku=59234

now i think the resolution is good enough to make 1080, but the thing i cant fiqure out is the connections?

PS3 has these outputs.

PS3 output is :- - Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p
    - HDMI: HDMI out
    - Analog: AV multi out
    - Digital audio: Digital Out (OPTICAL).

And monitor inputs are:-

Inputs : Analog DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP / S-Video / Composite / Component.

So far I think I can connect a PS3 to the monitor using some sort of cable to connect the HDMI out to one of the monitors. But im not sure what happens with the sound?

I want to get a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system too, but what I cant fiqure out is how that will work, would a surround sound system with digital audio input work or does it have to run through my PC with an appropriate sound card etc?

i can find a 5.1 surround sound system with optical inputs? Would this work and how? Cant seem to find a 7.1 system with optical input.

accessories.euro.dell.com/sna…566 [U accessories.euro.dell.com/sna…566 but its quite expensive?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

LandOfDan

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3051078
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764578
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1832
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1939

See more discussions