Groups

advice on heating & health safety laws etc..

I will try and make this quick... i had full central heating installed 2 yrs ago. It caused problems ever since... condenser keeps breaking, being replaced, ive had 2 leaks in ceiling from it!! noone accepting fault..wrote letter complaint etc..
    Saying that i feel the installation was not up to standard! On the day of fitting, one workman spent the morning throwing up in my garden from a * hangover* which left the other man to install an entire system himself!

Anyway its been a week without heating! I explained to them i have asthmatic child and its freeeeezing! YEP a week with no heating! Cant put it on as water comes through my living room ceiling!

They are coming out today to * Look * at it to see if it needs to be moved?? as they think there is an underlaying problem.. * no shite sherlock ive said this from the start*

I wondering if legally can i sue them for all the damage, replacement ceiling, loss of bedding, etc
    I think being left a week without heating with children is awful. Surly i had a leg to stand on?

Does anyone know ANYTHING on this so i can proceed. I think i have been treated badly.

6 Comments

Have you tried Trading Standards

Original Poster

no not yet, guess its going to be my route... could always call watchdog! see them bend over backwards then i suppose

If there is an issue with gas safety - you can complain to Corgi on the page below.
    trustcorgi.com/com…tmx

gari189;3729211

If there is an issue with gas safety - you can complain to Corgi on the … If there is an issue with gas safety - you can complain to Corgi on the page below. http://www.trustcorgi.com/complain/complaint.htmx

Also get a independent heating engineer in to do a system survey and then contact trading standards the more info you have the better:santa:

Was it a major firm i.e. British Gas or a small company. As above speak to trading standards. If they have bodged that much already I would be very worried about your boiler. install. All gas work requires the installer to be Corgi registered but faulty install can cost lives!

Original Poster

bailey2k4;3730725

Was it a major firm i.e. British Gas or a small company. As above speak … Was it a major firm i.e. British Gas or a small company. As above speak to trading standards. If they have bodged that much already I would be very worried about your boiler. install. All gas work requires the installer to be Corgi registered but faulty install can cost lives!

Yep a large company.. shocking hey
    They just been out, they are going to RE - DO it and repair my ceiling etc...

I will believe it when i see it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions