Advice on holiday pay

Found 26th May
I've taken a week holiday last month and it wasn't included in my pay slip today when I got paid.

after chasing it up with my boss I was told that the company are holding the holiday pay and I will be paid when my contract is terminated.

my contract was due to be terminated on 06/06/18 but it has just been extended until 06/09/18.

how can I go about getting the money?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Any hoiday pay you have accrued and are entiteld to recieve they can't legally "hold on to".
Edited by: "artnada" 26th May
Who do you work for ?
artnada3 h, 1 m ago

Any hoiday pay you have accrued and are entiteld to recieve they can't …Any hoiday pay you have accrued and are entiteld to recieve they can't legally "hold on to".

only way i can see that this could be withheld is if the OP went on holiday without permission, otherwise he is entitled to the payment in the normal monthly payslip.
mutley11 h, 14 m ago

only way i can see that this could be withheld is if the OP went on …only way i can see that this could be withheld is if the OP went on holiday without permission, otherwise he is entitled to the payment in the normal monthly payslip.

Theres no such thing as holiday without permission, that’s just be absent without leave and you wouldn’t be entitled to pay.

op they can’t withhold your pay, you have accrued it already it’s not theirs to keep. Same goes if you are not allowed to take your holidays prior to leaving they still owe it to you.

In fact even if you get sacked on the spot they still have to pay you your holidays. Have a word with your boss because what he is saying isn’t right.
artnada is right by saying accrued entitlement. If your holiday entitlement year starts from April 18 then you might not of accrued those holidays for this year when you took a week off in April. If your holiday year starts from Jan 18 you should be entitled to that weeks holiday pay. Looks like because your employment is ending later this year they are only going to give you what holidays you have accrued upto that date rather than give you your full holiday entitlement in advance.
When did your employment start?
Edited by: "ipswich78" 26th May
mutley12 h, 19 m ago

only way i can see that this could be withheld is if the OP went on …only way i can see that this could be withheld is if the OP went on holiday without permission, otherwise he is entitled to the payment in the normal monthly payslip.

That's not holiday then is it
I guess it depends on how the system sorts out his length of contract. The company I work for pays x amount in advance as we get paid the the middle of the month. If you leave you don't receive the month until the payday after you leave to prevent over payment in case you leave early.

I guess OP will receive this money next payday.
kester761 h, 49 m ago

I guess it depends on how the system sorts out his length of contract. The …I guess it depends on how the system sorts out his length of contract. The company I work for pays x amount in advance as we get paid the the middle of the month. If you leave you don't receive the month until the payday after you leave to prevent over payment in case you leave early.I guess OP will receive this money next payday.

I hope so, it's such a nuisance not getting it this month
As an update, my boss said that it's been marked as an unauthorised absence even though it was supposedly pre booked.

He's told me that he's discussing it with the finance department to get it paid out for the following month
Jamaal_siddique32 m ago

As an update, my boss said that it's been marked as an unauthorised …As an update, my boss said that it's been marked as an unauthorised absence even though it was supposedly pre booked. He's told me that he's discussing it with the finance department to get it paid out for the following month

some employers do not allow employees to take annual leave after they have given in their notice as they may require that person to work the whole of their notice period. it is unusual but it can happen if the company needs the resource before they can find a replacement. any accrued holiday would be paid as additional payment when the employee leaves.

whether an employee has given in notice or not, an employer always has the right to ask the employee to cancel any pre-booked holidays at short notice if there is a requirement for resource. the company would then have to pay compensation to the employee for any costs already incurred, for example, flight and hotel tickets already booked and for which there is no refund.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants