Groups

ADVICE ON LAPTOP NEEDED PLEASE

Hi my dad's just rang me from tesco and he's looking for a new laptop,all he doe's is really is mess around on the net and maybe take it away with him while he's working.Now he's found this one in tesco anyone tell me if it's worth buying or can he find a better one in the likes of currys/pc world.Sorry for this post as i don't have a clue on laptops thanks in advance

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

or there was this one

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

6 Comments

Banned

If all he's gonna be doing is going on the net, how about this cheapo branded (HP/Compaq) laptop:

ebuyer.com/pro…531

HP Compaq Presario Laptop, CQ60-100EA, AMD Sempron SI-40 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 15.6" BrightView TFT, DVDRW LS, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M, 6-cell, Vista Home Basic, MSO Ready (Trial Version)

£279.97inc vat

Might need a bit of extra ram, but thats like £10....

Original Poster

vibeone;5187456

If all he's gonna be doing is going on the net, how about this cheapo … If all he's gonna be doing is going on the net, how about this cheapo branded (HP/Compaq) laptop:http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161531HP Compaq Presario Laptop, CQ60-100EA, AMD Sempron SI-40 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 15.6" BrightView TFT, DVDRW LS, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M, 6-cell, Vista Home Basic, MSO Ready (Trial Version)£279.97inc vatMight need a bit of extra ram, but thats like £10....

thanks for the quick reply m8,he really needs to be able to pick up in store as he travels a lot and will be away tomorrow for a week.Now just looked on pc world and they've got a dell with 3gig ram for £379-99 now it's the same laptop as tesco's but this as a extra gig of ram i'm wondering if this is any good then maybe i can get pcworld to price match it :-D

pcworld.co.uk/mar…id=

Banned

toffeeefc;5187509

thanks for the quick reply m8,he really needs to be able to pick up in … thanks for the quick reply m8,he really needs to be able to pick up in store as he travels a lot and will be away tomorrow for a week.Now just looked on pc world and they've got a dell with 3gig ram for £379-99 now it's the same laptop as tesco's but this as a extra gig of ram i'm wondering if this is any good then maybe i can get pcworld to price match it :-Dhttp://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1886912870.1242122297@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfdadehejkedkecflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=858075&category_oid=

Its a lot of money some something not really that much better...

You can get a laptop off ebuyer deivered before 7.30 tomorrow morning if you want.

as for laptops... if you can spend £400, look for one with core2duo if poss.

Original Poster

Ok cheers i'll try and get him to go 400 notes and get him to buy from the net,so anyone show me a good lappy lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?34214
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …109232
      3. GOT Leaks again1022
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1741

See more discussions