Advice on laptop purchase please

Found 1st Jan 2015
Hi there - I'd really appreciate some advice. I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I don't want to spend too much on one - up to about £250. I'll use it mainly for internet searches, and also to create Word and Powerpoint documents (for my work). I'm not at all interested in gaming, but would like one that's relatively quick, reliable with a good keyboard (I touchtype). I'm assuming most will come as WiFi now, but that's important too. I tend to store a lot of photos too.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. FYI - I know that I could probably get more for my money having someone build something - I'm not interested in that. Nor am I interested in getting a tablet (I have an iPad already).

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
6 Comments

If I may, what screen size are you looking at in said laptop?

ebay.co.uk/itm…119
All Argos refurb laptops are like brand new with 12 months Warranty.

I got one of these for a friend a few weeks ago.
It was £220 then but down to £199 now.
Fully functional and should be ideal if you are happy with the screen size.
ebuyer.com/669…abu

Original Poster

I'm looking for as big a size as cost will allow. I have 15.6 at present x

Original Poster

These both seem quite different, eg different processors, dual v quad core etc. any thoughts on which is best and any others u r aware of that may fit bill? Thank u

Original Poster

redflash

If I may, what screen size are you looking at in said laptop?

I'm looking for as big a size as cost will allow. I have 15.6 at present x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hope of a cure for asthma56
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769299
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7871476
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685

See more discussions