Advice on missing parcel.

Posted 25th Jul 2020
I bought an item on eBay. The item was “delivered” yesterday my Hermes. I wasn’t at home. I checked the tracking and it said item had been left in safe/secure place. I looked at the details and it had been left behind the wheelie bin and a photo of it was on the website. When I arrived home there was no parcel. I called eBay and they told me to get in touch with Hermes and contact the police to get a crime reference number. Is this right?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
At the moment a lot of parcels have been going missing in different areas. Mostly when lockdown in full force. Some dodgy couriers. But if the item is insured by Hermes which in most cases they are. You have to report to the police for crime number before they refund or claim on the insurance.
I would of thought it was the sellers responsibility to do all the chasing if you've not received it
a666andy25/07/2020 10:07

I would of thought it was the sellers responsibility to do all the chasing …I would of thought it was the sellers responsibility to do all the chasing if you've not received it

That’s what I was thinking! I don’t need the hassle. I rang 101 but they told me to report online which I have done. I don’t Have faith in the police getting back to me anytime soon.
Edited by: "aaftabmughal" 25th Jul
Seller's responsibility. Definitely.

Delivery by Hermes? I hope you're planning a MIA service with full honours for the poor parcel.
In these situations, is it simply about blaming the seller?
This happened to me. I contacted the original seller and they sent a replacement parcel out. I complained to Hermes about the driver as he just left my parcels at the front door & we live on a busy main road! The next time he came with the second parcel he was apologetic, too right! In this situation I would contact the seller and confirm the situation.
MKS1425/07/2020 10:56

This happened to me. I contacted the original seller and they sent a …This happened to me. I contacted the original seller and they sent a replacement parcel out. I complained to Hermes about the driver as he just left my parcels at the front door & we live on a busy main road! The next time he came with the second parcel he was apologetic, too right! In this situation I would contact the seller and confirm the situation.

I have emailed the seller with the details.
Driver could have taken it after taking the photo.

Get some CCTV set up. I use a cheap yi camera with a 128gb SD card and point it outside my front door 24/7.
Edited by: "Speculator" 25th Jul
MKS1425/07/2020 10:56

This happened to me. I contacted the original seller and they sent a …This happened to me. I contacted the original seller and they sent a replacement parcel out. I complained to Hermes about the driver as he just left my parcels at the front door & we live on a busy main road! The next time he came with the second parcel he was apologetic, too right! In this situation I would contact the seller and confirm the situation.

i walked past a house in london, which did not have a front garden so the front door was on the pavement. there was an amazon parcel left lying against the front door early afternoon.

i was thinking, it is unlikely to still be there by early evening when the homeowners come home from work!
aaftabmughal25/07/2020 11:06

I have emailed the seller with the details.

That’s great, wait for their reply. I’ve had a good experience with the parcel being resent. However, I’m not sure if all companies will do the same?
Post a comment
@
    Text