Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice on Nappies...

Hi guys,

My little boy, 22 months, is big for his age. We do not think he is ready to be potty trained yet but he is in the biggest size nappies around (huggies) but, for example, he had to have his clothes changed 4 times yesterday due to being soaking wet and his nappies is changed at least 8 times a day.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

20 Comments

Banned

Tried those reusable nappies, make your own size out of the material?

Original Poster

lumoruk;4661571

Tried those reusable nappies, make your own size out of the material?

Nice thought but they would just be disposed of lol, already have 2 loads of washing a day without that as well. :thinking:

Change nappies even more often than you already do!
    Put on potty in between changing ?
    Put on plastic pants over nappy
    Less to drink!! .. maybe not this one!
    Why not toilet train? He's nearly 2 years old?

I know Sainsburys own brand nappies does an extra large size 6 or 6+ and these are very good. My nephew is 6 years old and has special needs, he still wears nappies and I know my sister buys these for him.

Banned

snowtiger;4661587

Why not toilet train? He's nearly 2 years old?

Yeah 2 years to start apparently according to this article
    babycentre.co.uk/tod…rt/

btw your avatar is upside down :?

I know you can get pull up pants for older boys who still wet the bed at night, not sure how absorbable they are but they'll definitely be in a bigger size so perhaps worth a try?

boots.com/web…051

long shot-but why don't you email pampers/huggies/Boots etc and say what you have said-they might send you some samples to try?

When my little one was in nappies i kept changing type-sometimes Tescos, sometime Boots, sometimes pampers, sometimes Huggies-when one started to leak i swapped-they all seem to be slightly different shapes and sizes.

This may sound silly but make sure his "wee man" is not pointing to the side near the edge of the nappy. If so it is more likely to leak out.

I always find Huggies to be on the small side, try a different brand ie Pampers

Original Poster

shadeycat;4661654

This may sound silly but make sure his "wee man" is not pointing to the … This may sound silly but make sure his "wee man" is not pointing to the side near the edge of the nappy. If so it is more likely to leak out.

It is yes we thought of that but you can literally change him and an hour later the nappy is like a waterbomb lol.

Original Poster

Annie1508;4661611

I know you can get pull up pants for older boys who still wet the bed at … I know you can get pull up pants for older boys who still wet the bed at night, not sure how absorbable they are but they'll definitely be in a bigger size so perhaps worth a try?http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=24549&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

Tried pull ups but they are less absorbant, ty anyway

Original Poster

Thanks guys will take in the advice, as for potty training I dont go for what critics or experts say as all babies are different and if you follow experts to the letter you start flapping when your baby aint doing what someone else says they should be.

Banned

rbquk;4662153

Thanks guys will take in the advice, as for potty training I dont go for … Thanks guys will take in the advice, as for potty training I dont go for what critics or experts say as all babies are different and if you follow experts to the letter you start flapping when your baby aint doing what someone else says they should be.

Has he grown a 6th toe yet? Us boys get a 6th toe around 21 months that drops off at 23 months :lol:

lumoruk;4662171

Has he grown a 6th toe yet? Us boys get a 6th toe around 21 months that … Has he grown a 6th toe yet? Us boys get a 6th toe around 21 months that drops off at 23 months :lol:

Really? So that's what happens to a man's brains

My sister complained about Pampers leaking - directly to pampers, and they sent her LOADS of vouchers for more Pampers products - lol. She laid it on thick about how many clothes and washing she was going through.... Her DD is also VERY big for her age - at just 15 months she is in the biggest size nappy. She also wee's alot. We just change her nappy frequently at the moment. But at night it's usually a whole bedding change.

let us know which nappies you eventually go for - it would be useful info for future when my neice reaches 2 also!

I dont rate huggies much, try pampers nappies, just keep trying loads of brands till one suits it takes money, and patience but give it a ago. Also maybe try potty training if he is showing the signs of it.

My son has just turned 3 and is still refusing to potty train, i can manage to get him in pants, but then he holds his wee for approx 6 hrs no matter how much drink he had then when its no more he piddles all over the floor! Refuses to do the last stage on the potty, so giving it a couple of weeks rest before i start again with him.

amcol;4662459

My son has just turned 3 and is still refusing to potty train, i can … My son has just turned 3 and is still refusing to potty train, i can manage to get him in pants, but then he holds his wee for approx 6 hrs no matter how much drink he had then when its no more he piddles all over the floor! Refuses to do the last stage on the potty, so giving it a couple of weeks rest before i start again with him..

laughed out loud at work - got some right weird looks. Brings back so may bad/funny later memories.

I had the same problem with my son and i used tesco's own brand extra large nappies and they were fine
    if your so is extremely large, say due to a metabolic disorder or disability (like jordans son) then you can get nappies via the continence department at your local hospital for free!

son, not so (sticky keyboard, sorry)

my little one also leaks a lot (luckly not on largest size yet but getting there)
    tried everything at night time, but most sucessful thing is one nappy directly on top of the other, it holds it on better.
    as for day time although only 19 months old, i have a potty i offer him when ever change him, and its around all day, and he's started doing a few wees on there, i just figure can't be a bad thing, as long as its not stressful for him it can't hurt.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      3. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority11

See more discussions