Expired

advice on netbook for wife

10 replies
Found 27th Jun 2010
Hi folks im after a netbook for my wife for around the £200 mark can go a bit higher maybe 250 max.... need to ask because i havent a clue as seems alot out there that do this and do that and run windows 7 and windows xp , all she needs it for is surfing the net emails etc.... and would like good battery life..
Thanks in advance for any ideas

1. Ask
  2. Netbook
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Netbook
10 Comments

argos are doing netbooks for 180 m8 deal is on here somewhere m8

Original Poster

can get this one in argos for £199 Asus 1001HA 10in Netbook - Black. what do people think?

Hi Paul, I've got an Acer One, running Windows 7, 160gb hd, led screen, batter lasts anywhere between 4-6 hours dependent on use. Selling for £200, fully boxed in mint condition, no scratches or marks. I bought new for £270 about 6 months ago.

Original Poster

Alistair1234;8929409

Hi Paul, I've got an Acer One, running Windows 7, 160gb hd, led screen, … Hi Paul, I've got an Acer One, running Windows 7, 160gb hd, led screen, batter lasts anywhere between 4-6 hours dependent on use. Selling for £200, fully boxed in mint condition, no scratches or marks. I bought new for £270 about 6 months ago.

Thanks for the offer but i could get a new one for around that price or put a little extra, thanks anyway

They never made netboooks that ran Vista as it required too much power, so they continued selling Netbooks running Windows XP even when Vista was out (which I why you still see them around).

Now that Windows 7 is out you should not even consider buying a netbook with Windows XP on it.

Original Poster

guilbert53;8929531

They never made netboooks that ran Vista as it required too much power, … They never made netboooks that ran Vista as it required too much power, so they continued selling Netbooks running Windows XP even when Vista was out (which I why you still see them around).Now that Windows 7 is out you should not even consider buying a netbook with Windows XP on it.

why's that re\d some reviews and everyone rates it...... this just gets even more confusing :thinking:

hi mate

the asus 1005p from argos for 199

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

i got this last week and it's really good. nice and quick and REALLY long battery life. also in white. not available online but just check stores for stock,

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;8930596

hi matethe asus 1005p from argos for … hi matethe asus 1005p from argos for 199http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5082690/Trail/searchtext%3EASUS.htmi got this last week and it's really good. nice and quick and REALLY long battery life. also in white. not available online but just check stores for stock,

thanks but no stock in my area got a couple of samsungs n130's i think anyone know if there any good?

I have an NC10 which is powerful enough to run Win7 and the RAM upgrade is cheap, THE feature that swings it is a good 7 hours battery life. The newer version, N130, is probably a good current option -they retail around £200-240.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52474
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!22
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11

See more discussions