Advice on order not gone through but been charged.

Posted 3rd Apr
Hi guys. Like to pick your brain on an issue I have. Through my work I get cash-back when I load funds in to gift cards. Yesterday I tried load some £35 on a Tesco gift card. I had an error message come up. So I tried 3 or 4 times. Then I tried with a different card. Same thing happened. I checked my statement and I have been charged everytime I tried to load the card. For the other card I can’t access online so I can’t remember how times I tried. I have emailed the relevant company and awaiting reply as their call centre is shut.

Will they have a record of how many times I would have been charged? Will I be able to get a refund? Can I have some advice?

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
these "charges" will most likely be card authorisations and will drop off your statement automatically in ~7 days
4 Comments
these "charges" will most likely be card authorisations and will drop off your statement automatically in ~7 days
as above also speak to your bank they can help as well.

Once had a gitch on a website and our credit card was hit over 30 times, it was for tickets in the US and didnt even flag the companys fraud process. Contacted the company who gave us the tickets for free and the bank as well who made sure nothing went through.
They are just pre authorisation charges and will drop off as the transaction never took place. As an example, online shop from Asda, every time you edit the order another £1 is authorised on the card. Come delivery day, they all drop off and only the full amount is charged.
Ok thank you for your comments. Normally I get an email confirmation but didn’t get any.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions