Advice on Panasonic NG-GS27 and transferring to PC

Found 5th Apr 2007
Hey guys, we have this camcorder and are very pleased with it - however, we are only now trying to transfer the film over to PC and realised we haven't got the required cable. Does this mean we need to buy a firewall card and cable (you can tell I've been surfing the net for info because I don't even know what these things are!). How do we know which to go for and is it possible for a dumb blonde to fit a firewall card or will we have to pay out stupid amounts to a PC repair man?:thinking:
Community Updates
Any firewire card with OHCI will allow you to transfer video. You might also need to buy 6-4 pin cable. Altogether should cost no more than tenner. But if you want to be 100% sure then go for ]Dazzle DV Editor kit from Maplin (code A40GA) for 20 quid. Installation is really easy.
Thanks for this, continuing in my thick mode - do I also need to buy a cable to go with this kit? (I notice it mentions the firewall card but didn't see the mention of a cable - or did I?)
Beg your pardon, just seen it now - sorry. Thanks for that.
Post a comment

    Top Discussions

    Top Merchants